Beta Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
(2019-02-15, 21:37)Dax9 Wrote: I tested AML dev with MAME 0.206.  In Setup plugin, Build all databases and Scan everything and build plots completed successfully.

In Step by step, all functions completed successfully except for Build MAME databases which crashes with this error:
12:03:40.298 T:96  NOTICE: AML INFO : _command_setup_plugin() Generating MAME main database and PClone list ...
12:03:40.298 T:96  NOTICE: AML DEBUG: fs_load_JSON_file_dic() "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.AML.dev\MAME_control_dic.json"
12:03:40.303 T:96   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

I have a suggestion: rename the "Machines by Score" filter to "Machines by Rating", to avoid confusing with scores in games.

Thanks for adding the MAME INI/DAT path setting.  This saves a lot of time when configuring the add-on.

All these issues should be fixed now. I did quite a lot of refactoring of the code in the context menu "Setup plugin". Also, I have improved the PDF manual reader (images are extracted once). There are two issues pending: 1) due to non-ASCII characters in some SL ROMs AEL crashes. 2) 3 machines fail to audit due to the location of the sample ZIP files. For a detailed list of all the changes please have a look at the changelog.

The code in master should be pretty close to the final 0.9.9 release. I did a lot of testing but some more testing won't hurt before I upload to the Kodi repo Smile If you find any more issues let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-02-26, 11:32

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.