Beta Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
@Rychem28 I have implemented some code to render the $INFO[ListItem.Property(history)] infolabel. This code just loads the files

Code:
AML_DATA_DIR/DAT_History_DB.json
AML_DATA_DIR/DAT_History_index.json

which are required to create the infolabel. The MAME render cache and MAME asset cache enabled settings are both enabled to increase loading speed to maximum. I'm using a powerful computer so most users will have a much less powerful computer as their HTPC box, in other words, the times reported here are very optimistic. In all the tests I load the Main filter Machines with coin slot (Normal) which I think is the worst case in AML (biggest filer most user will use regularly).

With the new setting Render History.DAT infolabel enabled OFF I get (this is equivalent to current AML operation):

Code:
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading catalog     0.0200 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading render db   0.1760 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading assets db   0.1680 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading pclone dic  0.0280 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading MAME favs   0.0000 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading History.DAT 0.0000 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading time        0.3920 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Processing time     0.1450 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Rendering time      0.5730 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Total time          1.1100 s

With the new settingRender History.DAT infolabel ON I get.

Code:
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading catalog     0.0210 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading render db   0.1790 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading assets db   0.1780 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading pclone dic  0.0280 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading MAME favs   0.0010 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading History.DAT 0.6710 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Loading time        1.0780 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Processing time     0.1470 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Rendering time      0.5560 s
NOTICE: AML DEBUG: Total time          1.7810 s

So, creating the infolabel will increase the loading time of every list by 0.7 seconds. Also, note that when using the render/asset cache, the loading time of the databases is proportional to the list size. In other words, for the biggest filter with 4000 machines loading the render and asset databases takes about 0.4 seconds, but in filters with less machines is almost instantaneous. However, the time required to load History.dat data is constant for every filter.

I think the approach of creating the new infolabel does not work because it slows down AML a lot. I think the best option is to create a setting so the plot can be as it is now (information about the machine), the contents of History.DAT, or a combination of both. Before doing anything else I would like to hear your opinion. If there are things you don't understand or need clarification let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2020-01-21, 07:29

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.