Beta Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
@Rychem28 If the contents of DAT_History_DB.json are included into MAME_assets.json we will have a performance decrease. For MAME 0.217, DAT_History_DB.json is 35 MB and MAME_assets.json 16 MB (roughly). Let's suppose the History contents for MAME is half (the other half is for SL items). We will double the size of MAME_assets.json which will increase the loading time.

All in all, I can code what you want and test. If the overall slowdown is big then I will roll back the feature.

EDIT: I had an idea that will not decrease performance much. I can code the feature as explained and then add an option "Generate History.DAT infolabel". If the option is ON, then contents of History.DAT will be added into the assets database and the infolabel generated. If the option is OFF, then the contents of History.DAT won't be added to the assets database. The new field 'history' will be there but empty. If the option is OFF the performance will decrease only a bit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2020-01-30, 08:50

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.