• 10(current)
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
(2020-03-24, 21:15)Rychem28 Wrote: @Wintermute0110 just a quick question regarding the plugin and the built-in screensaver (add-on).

When running the add-on (launching MAME) the screensaver launches in the background. For me the screensaver that I use is Video Screensaver and the audio for the video plays while in MAME.

Are you aware of a way for the plugin to communicate with Kodi so that it does not go into idle mode? I am going to post a similar question in the Kodi general forum asking if this is a normal thing for Kodi in general.

Cheers,
Rychem

Actually this is a good idea. In addition of what you say (background sound in case the screensaver outputs an audio stream) in my case I use the matrix screensaver Laugh which does not produce any sound but increases the CPU usage of Kodi a bit in detriment of the launched emulator. Other screensavers can be CPU intensive. I will have a look at the Python and the JSON RPC APIs, I think there should be a way for addons to disable the screensaver temporarily. If so, I will create a setting enabled by default. Also will include this in AEL.

I will keep you posted.

EDIT 1: I found a way to disable the screensaver using JSON RPC. I need to do some research but looks promising.

EDIT 2: the feature is now implemented in Github. Please test it when you have a chance.
Thanks, your searching skills are clearly better for mine as I was looking for a way to disable the screensaver as well. 

Cheers
@Wintermute0110 change to the screensaver looks to be working as expected. Thanks again.
@Rychem28 I ported the feature to AEL and tested yesterday evening on my HTPC setup under "real life" conditions. AML/AEL correctly disable the screensaver when MAME/the app is launched. However, when MAME finishes the screensaver is reenabled and after 1 second Kodi enters the screensaver. In other words, disabling the screensaver does not disable the screensaver timer Kodi uses to start the screensaver. This is just a minor annoyance, I will request to the core devs that when you enable/disable the screensaver the timer must be reset as well.
@Wintermute0110 That makes sense now. I noticed that when exiting MAME, Kodi returned to a dimmed screen on my computer. I agree it is a minor annoyance at the moment. It disables the screensaver during game play which was the bigger issue. Thanks again.
(2020-01-22, 04:09)Rychem28 Wrote: I l 
I love the menu bar, can you please share it?
@Rychem28, requesting you again to share your menu background please.
@MANswers you can find my skin at https://github.com/Rychem28/skin.aeon.nox.monochrome

It's basically a fork of Aeon Nox Silvo (still retains much of that skin) with some modifications made by me based on what I wanted the local skin to look like. I have added support for the AML plugin to an extent, nor have I really released it into the wild as it is still very much a work in progress. 

Otherwise feel free to download and play around.
Cheers
(2020-04-21, 14:21)qtix Wrote: Can you please tell me what causes this behavior when I try to Context menu > Setup plugin  > "Build Database".

What do you mean by "this behaviour"? An why you link to a betting comparison place?
Hey all,

Just installed and configured AML. Still haven't played around with all the options and features, but games seem to scan, load and play just perfect! The only issue I have so far is that AML don't load my MAME favorites. I use MAME64 0.197, and the favorites.ini file is stored in MAME\ui folder (which also includes other custom filters). How do I setup AML to use those?

Thank you,

dEM
(2020-04-25, 17:23)demonizator Wrote: Hey all,

Just installed and configured AML. Still haven't played around with all the options and features, but games seem to scan, load and play just perfect! The only issue I have so far is that AML don't load my MAME favorites. I use MAME64 0.197, and the favorites.ini file is stored in MAME\ui folder (which also includes other custom filters). How do I setup AML to use those?

Thank you,

dEM
I haven't heard of that file before. If you post it I can make an importer to load that file into AML favourites.
(2020-04-25, 18:42)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-04-25, 17:23)demonizator Wrote: Hey all,

Thank you,

dEM
I haven't heard of that file before. If you post it I can make an importer to load that file into AML favourites.   

That'd be great! Here is the file:

mod edit - removed and transferred to paste.kodi.tv

https://paste.kodi.tv/inocetutog
Please have the common sense not to post large files directly to the forum! That's what paste sites are for...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@demonizator I forgot to mention... AML includes its own custom filters and they are not compatible with the MAME ones. I have included about 30 custom filter examples. If you want to change them you need to edit an XML file. I'm afraid there is no documentation yet, however if you look at the examples you can get an idea about how to use them.

Any other comment or feature suggestion you may have about AML will be welcomed.

@DarrenHill Thanks!
(2020-04-26, 10:22)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @demonizator I forgot to mention... AML includes its own custom filters and they are not compatible with the MAME ones. I have included about 30 custom filter examples. If you want to change them you need to edit an XML file. I'm afraid there is no documentation yet, however if you look at the examples you can get an idea about how to use them.
@Wintermute0110 I saw and started digging further into the settings, but then.. switched to AEL Smile It just suits me much better and perfectly covers what I need - launch select games directly from Kodi (already started organizing them in Collections), and launch my preferred MAME front-end and ROM manager for testing and organizing my ROMs. But still, it'd be great if AEL/AML could dynamically import these lists from MAME instead of manually adding them. If you allow me, I will continue this (and other topics) in your AEL thread.. Smile

(2020-04-25, 21:20)DarrenHill Wrote: Please have the common sense not to post large files directly to the forum! That's what paste sites are for...
@DarrenHill Apologies, I have never used these before. I will do so from now on.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2