• 13(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
Is there a standard for the Fileinfos in a NFO File ?

I plan to add the NFO Files into my library.
I found this http://pastebin.com/f6f045b3f in the Thread, but that isn't a standard from the xbmc side or not ?
mafis90...this is a very important thread to a lot of people here. DO NOT HIJACK IT. Your questions has nothing to do with anything here. Do some searching and Im sure you will find your answer. Thanks.
calm down, a polite request would have served just as well. He's obviously new here, so no need to rip him to pieces.
timdog82001 Wrote:calm down, a polite request would have served just as well. He's obviously new here, so no need to rip him to pieces.

Yea you are right. Took it too far in a sense.
Actually his question does directly relate to this thread. Smile
In addition, no other posts have been made as to the .nfo's in relation to HD Flagging as it's a work in progress so searching would not have done much on that one.

There's a few new fields i need to add to the .nfo files for HD flagging, the old pastebin is missing those fields, but is valid for how it will be output.

Those are coming with the next round of updates next week to MIP in addition to an updated mediainfo.dll (which is how I generate the data in the .nfo files, and yup, it's different from the xbmc method CapnBry has in place, but we are working out the little things so that the output from my app and .nfo files work with the HD flagging).

These are the additional items.
movie/fileinfo/audio/language - 3 character ISO 639-2 language of primary audio stream (e.g. eng, deu, spa)
movie/fileinfo/subtitle/language - language of subtitle stream
OK OK I lose... Smile
I am officially a jerk. Just thought it might go somewhere else. I have been watching this thread since the beginning of it and this is the last feature (for now) that I would really love to see. But Im still a jerk...I know.
Thanks everyone for your concern and wishes. I just got a cool brain CT scan this morning so hopefully the doctor will be able to tell if I am experiencing a precursor to acquisition of Super Powers of some sort. I'm hoping my SuperPower will be "the ability to divide by 0" or "the ability to use Microsoft Excel pretty well".

Welp, phase 3 is sort of done but there's a problem. The background thumb loader, which is extended to also probe the file for stream information, seems to have some thread safety issues. It creates a thread for every 5 items in a directory and if you give it a directory with more than a few threads, ffmpeg blows up in the background. If I limit the loader to a single background thread, it works just fine. I'm going to see if I can narrow it down further.

As fekker indicated, I've also added support for primary audio language and subtitle/subtitle language indicator (not for external subs yet). I also want to do presentation aspect ratio since people have asked for it.

I'm also not happy about how currently it only works in the video library, since the information hangs off CVideoInfoTag, which is only present for items in the library. There's no reason it can't work in the file view too, especially since the thumbloader is going to extract the stream info anyway. Maybe this is phase 4. Didn't I have a phase 4 already? Thinking hurts.
Good to hear from you CapnBry. I know what you are going thru, am scheduled for a CT scan my self..

Anyways, the external subs thing won't be that hard to add later, since it only requires scanning directorys for specific files.
blittan, maybe you're getting superpowers too! XRay Vision would also be cool but only though one layer of clothes and only when I want it. I don't want to be seeing organs or nude fatties. Either way, hope you feel better too man.

Back on topic, phase 3 patch posted to the ticket. We're almost there!
I know it has been suggested before but I don't know how the work is going regarding subtitles flagging, so, I'll just give me 2 cents on that matter:

My suggestion is to add 3 logos/flags stating:
- Internal subtitles
- External subtitles
- Internal & External subtitles

Of course, for movies without any kind of subtitles, no logo should be displayed. This is my suggestion because most of the movies I download don't have subtitles and I need to get them, thus the external subtitles logo. Other movies come with internal subtitles (in the case of MKV files), thus the internal subtitles logo. In movies with internal subtitles, some come with an array of languages and once in a while it has the language I need, but most of the time it doesn't and so I have to download the subtitles I want, thus making internal and external subtitles.

I also know it has been mentioned to have audio languages flagging and that it was troublesome because of the many available languages, but, is that really needed? I know that different people have different needs but I hate dubbed stuff, no matter the movie language, I'll ways watch a movie in it's original language and it doesn't really matter which is, if the movie is good and I want to watch it, I'll watch it and I don't care which language it's in. But this is just me, maybe it's really that important for some people, but I just wanted to point this out to see if in a general way, it's really needed or not.
audio language:
I can think of two scenarios.
1: people who want to have dubbed movies (for whatever reason).
2: Kids, I want to see wheater a movie has my language when my kids are going to watch it.

subtitles:
Just display subtitles, no matter if they are external/internal. Might also be interesting to see what language they are in. I see no real reason for external/internal other than if internal, you might have a chance of downloading a external one in the appropriate language if there isn't an internal one.
blittan Wrote:audio language:2: Kids, I want to see wheater a movie has my language when my kids are going to watch it.
Didn't thought about that, too young to have kids Tongue

blittan Wrote:Just display subtitles, no matter if they are external/internal.
They matter to me, exactly because what you just said and it was one of my points:

blittan Wrote:I see no real reason for external/internal other than if internal, you might have a chance of downloading a external one in the appropriate language if there isn't an internal one.
There's your reason Tongue

I'm going to be honest here... I always try to watch a movie with subtitles in my own language but if I can't find one and I really want to see some movie, I just use the English subtitles, in that case, having internal ones (which normally always have english subs) would be enough. But for my dad, it's not the same thing and I need to have subtitles in the appropriate language. And to be able to look at the library and see if a movie has internal subtitles, external and or both is really useful as I can see which ones I have already downloaded subtitles for.
I like it, i have missed this feature with HD flags in the library Big Grin

If you could have a icon for subtitle it would rock even more! When I have friends over who want to have a local subtitle to watch a movie I have to start each movie they wanna see to check if it has a subtitle.

Its kinda off topic but id be happy with just a [sub] icon and some way to activate it if you got a sub of your preferred language on a movie. Could have a flag for it in the nfo file or some way to mark the movie subbed like the "watched" flag.
So, in the main menu, we can add Movies (SD) and go directly to the library with all your movies SD. Movies (HD) go to the library with HD movies only...
xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,moviessd)
xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movieshd)
Something like that... Do you think its possible?
Whats the status on this? Any idea if it will make it to the SVN PPA soon?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7