• 25(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
Thanks for a prompt reply Smile
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
I am so happy this has finally been completed. Thanks for all your hard work on it. I am not over familiar with all the audio and video codecs, so I was thinking it would be useful to have a legend or key that details what the codecs are and represent. Primarly I am concerned with audio, since I am not entirely sure what codecs are dolby digital, dts, dts true hd, ect. If someone could throw something together I think it would be a big help so that all skin work being done is the same in terms of proper flagging.

Also, is it possible to determine between i and p....720p or 720i?

If anyone could help with this is would be GREATlY appreciated because I am looking to get started right away.
im not to sure from a coding perspective if its possible to read if the source is interlaced etc? if it is i see no reason why it couldnt be appended to the current resolution which is obtained thus allowing 720p/i image files to be used.

ekim232 Wrote:I am so happy this has finally been completed. Thanks for all your hard work on it. I am not over familiar with all the audio and video codecs, so I was thinking it would be useful to have a legend or key that details what the codecs are and represent. Primarly I am concerned with audio, since I am not entirely sure what codecs are dolby digital, dts, dts true hd, ect. If someone could throw something together I think it would be a big help so that all skin work being done is the same in terms of proper flagging.

Also, is it possible to determine between i and p....720p or 720i?

EDIT: Just been informed this is not possible Smile

If anyone could help with this is would be GREATlY appreciated because I am looking to get started right away.
I started playing around with the Aeon skin to see how the feature works/looks. Aeon seems to have a image for subtitle available yes/no. How would I check for that using the provided data?

Maybe SubtitleLanguage should return something like "none" if no subtitle is present to make the available yes/no check easily possible?

Edit: Another thing
I also noticed that all XVID, DX50 (and maybe more) files are all listed as mpeg4, DIV3 as msmpeg4. I made a short statistic about the codecs used in my library:
Code:
Video:    mpeg4        1027
    msmpeg4        348
    h264        75
    msmpeg4v2    1
    mpeg1video    9
    flv        1

Audio:    ac3        321
    mp3        1090
    aac        22
    dca        28
    mp2        10
    pcm_s16le    1
    vorbis        5
    wmav2        9
Edit: Updated list with more movies scanned for better stats.

Would it be possible to separate divx, xvid and maybe other mpeg4 based codecs in VideoCodec? Audio codecs are just listed for fun and to show that it works great there!
I have been playing around with this and just want to confirm some of my audio code with everyone to make sure it is reprenting everything correctly.

I am using the following to start...

<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,6) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,ac3)</visible>....this show dolby digital 5.1

<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,8) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,ac3)</visible>....this show dolby digital 7.1

<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,6) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,dca)</visible>....this show dts 5.1

<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,8) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,dca)</visible>....this show dolby digital 7.1

It seems as though all my mp3 audio codecs are 2 channel. Can this be considered dolby digital 2.0?

I would appreciate help on this. Thanks again!
ekim232 Wrote:I have been playing around with this and just want to confirm some of my audio code with everyone to make sure it is reprenting everything correctly.

I am using the following to start...

<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,6) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,ac3)</visible>....this show dolby digital 5.1

<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,8) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,ac3)</visible>....this show dolby digital 7.1

<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,6) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,dca)</visible>....this show dts 5.1

<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,8) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,dca)</visible>....this show dolby digital 7.1

It seems as though all my mp3 audio codecs are 2 channel. Can this be considered dolby digital 2.0?

I would appreciate help on this. Thanks again!

I think Dolby Digital 2.0 would be ac3 and 2 channel. I have several files with aac and ac3 codec and 2 audiochannels.
Thanks for the help. Do you think there is a need to flag flac audio and if so, what is the codec for flac? I have never had a movie with it, so I am unfamiliar with it altogether.
C-Quel Wrote:if it is i see no reason why it couldnt be appended to the current resolution which is obtained thus allowing 720p/i image files to be used.
It isn't. The thing is that frames are interlaced, not content, so there is nothing in the header to indicate an interlaced disposition. Really the only way to tell is to scan through the file looking for frames with interlaced flags. However some content doesn't flag the frames as interlaced fields, they just encode the content as if it were progressive. Others might interlaced encode but not set the frame header to indicate it, relying on the macroblock processor to be smart enough. So in short it can be a mess. That's not saying it isn't possible, just I'm not going to do it as it is impractical. Smile

As far as what are the possible codecs, ffmpeg and thus xbmc supports 330 codecs. All flavors of DTS are "dca", dolby digital flavors are "ac3" except for Dolby Digital Plus which is "eac3". Other popular audio codecs are mp3, aac, vorbis, and I guess flac. Video codecs are "h264" and "mpeg4". Really if you're going try to be working on images for a skin, just put a label on the screen to see what codec something is.

Here is version 8 which will probably be the one I submit. It only changes the aspect ratio output strings, they're all now X.XX instead of X.XX-1. It also removes some timer code that I was using to profile video database load.
ekim232 Wrote:<visible>substring(listitem.audiochannels,6) + substring(listitem.audiocodec,ac3)</visible>....this show dolby digital 5.1

Not to be pissing in your cornflakes but isn't that kind of retarded? Why not just make a dolby digital icon, dts icon, and then a 5.1 icon and a 7.1 icon and have them butt up to each other? The performance overhead of having 4 items with scripted conditional visibility is an order of magnitude higher than having 2 items based on single conditions. In addition, the "miss ratio" where a texture has to be replaced with another is higher.

And no mp3 2 channel can in no way be considered dolby digital 2.0. It can however include dolby surround encoding, but there's no way of telling if it has it without decoding audio and looking for complemented sound channels, which I do not do.
ccMatrix Wrote:Would it be possible to separate divx, xvid and maybe other mpeg4 based codecs in VideoCodec?
Sorry, can't do that either. What gets recorded is what decoder will be used to decode the video, not the encoder used to create it.
CapnBry Wrote:Not to be pissing in your cornflakes but isn't that kind of retarded? Why not just make a dolby digital icon, dts icon, and then a 5.1 icon and a 7.1 icon and have them butt up to each other? The performance overhead of having 4 items with scripted conditional visibility is an order of magnitude higher than having 2 items based on single conditions. In addition, the "miss ratio" where a texture has to be replaced with another is higher.

I use icons that are like this. It works 100% perfect on my library of 980 videos. I even set a labels for channels and codec on the screen to test it out.

CapnBry Wrote:Here is version 8 which will probably be the one I submit.
Code:
xbmc@eva:~$ wget http://capnbry.net/~bmayland/fi/code/hdflagging_total_8.diff
--2009-06-09 09:21:46--  http://capnbry.net/~bmayland/fi/code/hdflagging_total_8.diff
Resolving capnbry.net... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address `capnbry.net'
xbmc@eva:~$
Is that me or you? Smile
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
ekim232 Wrote:I use icons that are like this. It works 100% perfect on my library of 980 videos. I even set a labels for channels and codec on the screen to test it out.

I think that he means that it is easier and faster to do it this way:

Code:
<control type="image">
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec,prefix,.png]</texture>
</control type="image">
<control type="image">
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,prefix,.png]</texture>
</control type="image">
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Thanks CapnBry this is great. I'm playing with the mediastream skin to show the info and as far as I chacked, it's working great.
watzen Wrote:I think that he means that it is easier and faster to do it this way:
Code:
<control type="image">
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec,prefix,.png]</texture>
</control type="image">
<control type="image">
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,prefix,.png]</texture>
</control type="image">
Yup that's exactly what I mean. Just load the texture from a variable rather than having one texture for each with conditional visibility.

freezy: capnbry.net was up last night when I posted that (posted remotely) and it seems to be up now. If it still doesn't work for you PM me or hit me on #xbmc and I we can work out another way to get it to you.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7