• 32(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
OK maybe I should have updated the .vcproj file as well. Anyway here is the latest rev with patch 0x0c for Windows.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
sure, you can file a ticket. i'd suggest adding a bit more info that 'it used to work', such as WHERE it used to work, what player you used then and so on
Didn't want to spam much here, spiff.

Ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6744
I have updated the mod post in the Aeon forum.

The information provided by the native flagging code is now used to display logos/icons for both movies and tvshow episodes.
I think there is a small bug in the code. When I scan tv episodes that do not have any thumbnail then on first scan it will show thumb and flagging data. But when I leave to a different show and go back to the previous show it now only shows flagging data and no thumbs. It feels like the flagging code aborts the thumbnail stuff if flagging data is available.

Edit: Some additional thing:
I tried displaying images based on listitem.VideoAspect but almost all of my movies do not have any VideoAspect information:
Code:
Aspect            Count
0            9242
1.777778        189
2.352941        28
1.25            8
2.424242        7
1.333333        6
2.38806            5
1.5            4
2.4            4
1.860465        3
2.397004        2
2.405389        2
2.406015        2
2.5            2
... some more with just a single occurance
Hey, I just wanted to point out to everybody that Media Info Plus supports the *general* XML schema used by this particular feature. I see a few places where things aren't going to work properly until Fekker returns, but the majority of stuff should be compatible.

Good news for people like myself who already have a massive library set up with everything already generated...

This is an example from the movie Ferris Bueller:

Code:
<streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>640</width>
        <height>272</height>
        <codec>MPEG-4 Visual</codec>
        <formatinfo>MPEG-4 Visual</formatinfo>
        <duration>1h 38mn 45s 280ms</duration>
        <bitrate>854 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode />
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.avi</container>
        <codecid>XVID</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>2.353</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language />
        <codec>MPEG Audio</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <bitrate>124 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
@ digitalhigh
you mean this code snippet was generated by MIP?
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
ccMatrix Wrote:I think there is a small bug in the code. When I scan tv episodes that do not have any thumbnail then on first scan it will show thumb and flagging data. But when I leave to a different show and go back to the previous show it now only shows flagging data and no thumbs. It feels like the flagging code aborts the thumbnail stuff if flagging data is available.

Edit: Some additional thing:
I tried displaying images based on listitem.VideoAspect but almost all of my movies do not have any VideoAspect information:
... some more with just a single occurance
I'll have to look into the first issue you mentioned there. But the second issue is usually a problem with the source itself. If it does not contain display aspect ratio, I dont make a guess. I dont know if it is 'the right thing' to just use decoded frame size in absence of explicit frame ratio. Is that valid?

And as far as the xml, I worked with fekker on the input format so MIP should be working. Bonus: export library does that too.
if no par and no dar, assuming 1:1 pixels and calculating based on frame size seems like the correct thing to do to me
bidossessi Wrote:@ digitalhigh
you mean this code snippet was generated by MIP?

That is correct.
spiff Wrote:if no par and no dar, assuming 1:1 pixels and calculating based on frame size seems like the correct thing to do to me
After checking, I have a bunch of files with no par and dar that width/height does not give the correct aspect. I would say this is definitely not accurate. The encoding application just didn't put in the right info, and there's no way to fix it now that the original media is gone. I'd be against this based on my small (~300 file) library. Calculating a value just to have a value is just wrong, right?
CapnBry Wrote:After checking, I have a bunch of files with no par and dar that width/height does not give the correct aspect. I would say this is definitely not accurate. The encoding application just didn't put in the right info, and there's no way to fix it now that the original media is gone. I'd be against this based on my small (~300 file) library. Calculating a value just to have a value is just wrong, right?

So the videos that do not give the correct aspect must also be stretched when you play them, right? And then you would have to manually adjust the pixel ration in which case the factor would be stored in the settings table for the video file.

I agree that it would be better to have the accurate number from the encoding software but from my stats the issue occurs with lots of files. I think only my mkv encodes do have that information stored inside the container. The result of calculating it in code should only give "wrong" values for movies that were cropped and in that case "wrong" only means that it isn't the same aspect as it would be on the DVD or is listed on imdb which is still fine since with the aspect information it should be "what you see is what you get".
Also a lot of movies are 4x3 with hard letter boxing. So those will never report as 16x9.
Well you were right about items with auto thumbs not getting set again when loading from directoycache. I've fixed that.

As far as calculating video aspect based off decoded picture size when no video aspect is specified by the container: I don't agree with it, but I've changed it to do that too. spiff is the man, so he has the power to remove that if it is determined to not be the right thing to do.

Patch attached to #5154
How does XBMC play the media correctly if the frame ratio isn't correct and no PAR or DAR is present?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7