• 6(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
Question 
Guys.. is there a way to sort by Bluray and DVD's..

Can we make our own custom categories..

I would like to have my blurays and kids movies under its own category for easy access

I currently switch back to file mode and access my bluray folder.. but would like this access while using libary mode
Hi,

Was thinking.
Iv started encoding all my DVDS to avi's and leaving the AC3 5.1 intact.
Would be great if an info label could be added so i could add to a skin a label to tell me which movies have 5.1 etc.

Thoughts?
Actually that would be pretty neat. Its pretty similar to a request from a while back that was pretty popular. The idea for that was to detect Dolby/THX/DTS etc and display the appropriate logos, which would indicate at least a 5.1 or greater audio in most (all?) cases. A combination somehow of these two ideas would be a handy feature to have I think, allowing differentiation between mono, stereo, 5.1, and 7.1 surround, and what format was used for encoding....I may just be thinking of the request for 720/1080 video identification, but I think the problem may have been that it took too long to scan all the video files to determine this kind of info. As is, I believe the library only has to know the filename to determine everything it needs to know. It might be nice to have an option to choose between a standard scan and an in depth scan.
I don't think it would take long at all.
It just needs to get the resolution and go from there!
All this info is stored in the file, EG: windows you can right click and have it there.
And, when you play the video, it tells you in XBMC, doesnt it?
Didn't notice this thread! haha

How about theres an option in video library setting to enable HD/5.1 symbols. Defaults to off. Then if turned on, and the user updates library, it then gets the info from the files! Adding 400 movies into the db takes ages anyway!
I would kill for this to be implemented... please please please do it!

It doesn't sound very difficult, but what do I know?
Just so you know, everytime someone says something won't be difficult the developers push that feature back by 2 months just to spite you all.
Freddo Wrote:Just so you know, everytime someone says something won't be difficult the developers push that feature back by 2 months just to spite you all.

Rofl
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Any updates on this feature?

Is this planned before RC1 or the next milestone.. i was looking at the tracker but didnt see anything about this..
Swwethip1 Wrote:Any updates on this feature?

Is this planned before RC1 or the next milestone.. i was looking at the tracker but didnt see anything about this..

It's definitely not planned for RC1. Please create a new ticket on the tracker to ensure it won`t get lost.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm not a developer by any means, so don't flame me for this...but how hard would it be to see if the extension is .mkv (or something similar) and just append [HD] to the movie title?
Just because the extension is mkv doesn't mean it's HD video?
For anybody who's interested in this feature I made a script to do it for me: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39399

It's not particularly user friendly but it works :0)
put hd films into a HD Movies folder or something and then gives you the option to add addition information to movies, such as if the films in HD, what resoluion (720P etc,) this way in library mode the hd logo and information will let people know its in HD not SD.
Rainbow 
midgetspy Wrote:For anybody who's interested in this feature I made a script to do it for me: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39399 It's not particularly user friendly but it works :0)
Looks very cool! It would be really great if XBMC had support for HD flagging nativly.

Here is a screenshot of what the result looks like with midgetspy's script in action:

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7