• 7(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
Yes midgetspys looks nice. As Gamester17 said, it would be amazing to see this natively within xbmc. Would love to see a place where you can specify the details. Even if I had to do it manually without the scanner.
I'm still wondering how this information would be exposed to skinners for displaying the right icons. Doesn't the skinning system only support boolean conditionals for visibility? If you have to make a boolean function doesn't that get out of hand?

ListItem.VideoWidth
ListItem.VideoHeight
ListItem.VideoIs1080
ListItem.VideoIs720
ListItem.VideoIsSD
ListItem.VideoCodec
ListItem.VideoCodecIsH264
ListItem.VideoCodecIsMPEG4
ListItem.VideoCodecIsMPEG2
ListItem.VideoCodecIsVC1
ListItem.AudioChannels
ListItem.AudioChannelsIs8
ListItem.AudioChannelsIs6
ListItem.AudioChannelsIs2
ListItem.AudioChannelsIs1
ListItem.AudioCodec
ListItem.AudioCodecIsAAC
ListItem.AudioCodecIsAC3
ListItem.AudioCodecIsDTS
ListItem.AudioCodecIsMP3
And then a second set for VideoPlayer.* too?

I mean is that the only way to expose the information to the skin?
you already have comparestring(foo,bar)

so it would be

comparestring(listitem.audiocodec,aac) etc.

that being said, seriously, why somebody would waste time on such a useless feature is beyond me. these are the things i consider BEFORE i encode/obtain in other ways a movie
spiff Wrote:you already have comparestring(foo,bar)
Sweet that's what I was asking. This makes it cleaner than I was thinking it would be.
Alright so here's phase 1 of this development. I've posted a patch to #5154 that exports stream information from CDVDPlayer and all of its CDVD*Codec* classes. This allows skins to get at the currently playing Audio and Video Codec, Video Resolution, and Audio Source Channels via the following $INFO labels:
videoplayer.videocodec -> returns h264, mpeg4, mpeg2, etc
videoplayer.audiocodec -> returns aac, dts, ac3, etc
videoplayer.audiochannels -> returns 1, 2, 6, etc
videoplayer.videoresolution -> rather than return the exact resolution this returns "480" for anything less than 1200 pixels wide, "720" for anything less than 1840 pixels wide and "1080" for anything else.

"But Bry", you say, "we want the information in the library, not the player". Well getting that information requires something to export the information. Now that everything exports the stream information, all I have to do is copy the information from the player to some new fields in CVideoInfoTag once the player starts playing and have the VideoDatabase save them. Before I did that, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to get the patch outright rejected.
the patch is most welcome, don't let my rants hold you back Wink
Great work CapnBry!

I generally have 4 types of movies, so I'd love to see these tags for them:

480p
576p <--- I'd love for this to be used, I have lots of these Smile
720p
1080p

480 would be for anything up to 720 horizontal
576 would be for up to 1024 wide
720 for up to 1280 wide
and 1080 for up to 1920 wide

those might need adjusted a little, but i think those are the correct horizontal values

EDIT: @spiff - The reason I want this feature is because not all my movies are HD and I am constantly replacing old SD encodes. I can't keep track in my head so it would be nice if it showed up in the library. Also, I have multiple versions of some moveis (LotR HD normal edition, and SD extended edition, etc).

Keep it up CapnBry, this is NOT a useless feature Smile
v0lrath Wrote:Great work CapnBry!
576p <--- I'd love for this to be used, I have lots of these Smile
I thought 576p was 720x576?

No worries, spiff, most the stuff I see requested I squint my eyes and say Image to. I think the emblems add a more professional touch to the views, and I had already started on this months ago so I was pretty much obligated to finish it.
I think it technically is 720x576, but 576p has become an encoding standard where an HD rip is scaled down to 1024x576 to save space, but keep it higher than DVD quality.
thenut Wrote:This could include file resolution, audio and video codecs and their corresponding bitrates, # of subtitles and what language they're in, video length, etc. Perhaps we could also add tags to label items that are TV rips, DVD rips, etc. Maybe even specify whether the TV rip was from an HD source, satellite source, etc.
I'm happy to read about this feature and would like to add my oppinion. I also would appreciate quality tags, like mentioned above. But what I really would like to see are language tags... also mentioned a few times, but mostly not considered as important. I'm watching all my movies and shows in English, but because of the fact that I'm living in a german speaking country and not everybody is able to understand a english movie, I've got most of my good movies also in german. Right now I'm not able to use the library function, because there are mostly two icons about the same movie and i had to guess what language it is! That's boring... So I'm labeling my folders as followed:

Amelie (DVDRip Ger-AC3)
Amelie (DVDRip Eng)
Adams aebler (DVDRip Ger)
Jumper (R5 Eng-LD)

and scrapers hate me for that Wink

So right now, XBMC is translated to dozens of different languages, but there isn't really a solution for multilanguage-movies (and I would expect that every non-english-speaking-person has exactly the same problem!). I'll give it some thought and will post a suggestion later on, but right now I just wanted to give the input.
I considered that a few months ago when we were talking about storing information about all the streams in a file but it just becomes too complex to be actually usable I think. I wouldn't say it is a priority for this iteration.
Wouldnt it be much easier if you put an nfo file with maybe some HD Tags?

Example

<movie>
<title>The Dark Knight</title>
<HD>1080p</HD>
</movie>

Or No title tag, and let the xbmc scraper take care of the title so it will just add the 720p after the title of the movie

Example 2

<movie>
<HD>720p</HD>
</movie>

In XBMC it will Show as "The Dark Knight 1080p" "or Batman Begins 720p"
goku31640 Wrote:Wouldnt it be much easier if you put an nfo file with maybe some HD Tags?

Example

<movie>
<title>The Dark Knight</title>
<HD>1080p</HD>
</movie>

Or No title tag, and let the xbmc scraper take care of the title so it will just add the 720p after the title of the movie

Example 2

<movie>
<HD>720p</HD>
</movie>

In XBMC it will Show as "The Dark Knight 1080p" "or Batman Begins 720p"

I was going topost just such a thing. I was thinking about scanning the file name for "bluray, 720p of 1080p" and then add these files to a seperate category in the library. This way the files can be found through the original category , like drama, comedie, etc...and through 720p or 1080p, etc.
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
Just curious as to any news on this. Dont mean to pester just wondering.
there is a diff @ trac so we are much closer..
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7