• 31(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
CapnBry Wrote:And ezechiel1917, it seems XBMC only uses those codes for the Audio Language conversion, not the subtitle.

So you're saying it didn't work for you either? I'm really sure it worked with subtitles as well. If that was changed (somehow doubt that, seems like a bug to me) it's not reflected at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

Quote:<languagecodes>

Translation table for subtitle and audio names. Contains entries of the form
freezy Wrote:Hmm I'm getting linking errors this time. Is that my fault?
Nah that's not your fault. This was resolved by someone else earlier today and is unrelated to the hdflagging patch. You should be able to svn up and fix that (assuming VS2008).

ezechiel1917: I don't know if it is supposed to work or not but tracing the code it never calls the language converter to convert the language code to the long name. Only the tracks contained inside the file seem to do that. If it was working at one point, I'd submit a ticket because it definitely doesn't have a codepath that does it now. The subtitle factory caches the external subs to special://temp and returns only the filenames (e.g. subtitle.en.srt), no language codes.

Is anyone having any luck with the new fourcc code? I haven't heard anyone report back other than me. Smile
CapnBry Wrote:Is anyone having any luck with the new fourcc code? I haven't heard anyone report back other than me. Smile

I prepared everything based on your statistics but am waiting for the build by freezy to verify it with my library.
I started to load the svn code but it takes forever since it often loses connection, is slow and has lots of files. The local files are about 660 MB now so I should be done soon *hope*.
CapnBry Wrote:Nah that's not your fault. This was resolved by someone else earlier today and is unrelated to the hdflagging patch. You should be able to svn up and fix that (assuming VS2008).
Duh, getting different errors with latest rev. Anyway, here's again rev20973 with the b-patch applied.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
CapnBry Wrote:Is anyone having any luck with the new fourcc code? I haven't heard anyone report back other than me. Smile
Works for me, no problems so farSmile
About external subtitles language... it might be a bit far stretched, but have you thought about using an algorithm for that ? Natural language detection works actually quite fine these days. An example: http://code.google.com/p/guess-language/.

Oh, and while i'm here: is the branch you're working on http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/hdflagging ?
we have a langcode expander in the code, i don't know if it is currently used or not.
bertrand Wrote:About external subtitles language... it might be a bit far stretched, but have you thought about using an algorithm for that ? Natural language detection works actually quite fine these days. An example: http://code.google.com/p/guess-language/.

Oh, and while i'm here: is the branch you're working on http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/hdflagging ?
Oh the question isn't "Is the language parsable?", the question is "WTF are subtitles and how are they pulled in to XBMC?". And we'll be moving back to the hdflagging branch shortly. I started there but then was called away for work for 3 months so the branch went stale and I converted the patches to go against trunk and finished up. I think that branch is going to be deleted and recreated then have my patch applied for testing.

spiff: I said above the language expander code is only used for streams in the file :-P

Image Everybody Panic Image
If you've been tailing the svn log, you'll know that someone just committed a patch which ups the MyVideos.db version number to 27. Which is the same database version that hdflagging uses. You're all screwed!
oh, my bad. well, it could surely be used for expanding filenames as well, instead of that silly xml tag. they are rather standard Wink
spiff Wrote:oh, my bad. well, it could surely be used for expanding filenames as well, instead of that silly xml tag. they are rather standard Wink
Well don't look at me! See your forums tag says "Developer" and my tag says "Member" which means I issue demands because I'm a tool.
damn it! pwned again
For folks on this patch who want to unswizzle their database, here is the SQL to set it straight back to head of linuxport.

And then you can use patch 0x0c which has no changes other than working with your database you just fixed above. (Oh and cleans up the av_log buffers but that's minor).
Link error again. Should I maybe post this to the Windev forum since it doesn't seem hdflagging-related?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
that was fixed two days ago for 2k8, not fixed for 2k3
spiff Wrote:oh, my bad. well, it could surely be used for expanding filenames as well, instead of that silly xml tag. they are rather standard Wink

Can i fill a ticket then? I know it was working for external subtitles once, still have <languagecodes> from these days in my adavancedsettings.xml. Now it's obsolete as it displays language for internal subtitles even without it.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7