• 39(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
Hi.
I'm having a small issue with the media flagging in Ubuntu.

I recently did a mod for Mediastream to use this functionality.

It works fine in Windows, but I recently set up a new Linux HTPC running Ubuntu and now the flags will only appear after I have watched the video file. (I only have to watch a few seconds of it).

Is this how it is supposed to work in Linux or am I doing something wrong?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan
have you enabled it in settings?
D'oh! I totally forgot I had to do that...

I am such a moron. Oh well, thanks for the reminder.

Blush
Hello,

video flagging works really great, but does this flagging support different audio languages and can display them? Actually i didn't find informations about that.

THX.
Hi, Bolzi,
I think the features you want are indeed supported, although I haven't used them in my mod. Here is all the info you need!

Smile

Dan
Yeah it was supposed to support multiple audio tracks, and it does read them, but it only displays the best one, which may not be in your language. If you have any specific questions I can answer them.
CapnBry Wrote:Yeah it was supposed to support multiple audio tracks, and it does read them, but it only displays the best one, which may not be in your language. If you have any specific questions I can answer them.

Most of my movies are with German audio tracks in DTS and AC-3, but much files have a second track with English, too.

Now first it will be good, if a language flag or something like that is shown for each language, second a filter function will be very nice.

I think it's just a matter of time till this works, too.

What experiences have you made with this support?

Kind regards.
BoLzI Wrote:Most of my movies are with German audio tracks in DTS and AC-3, but much files have a second track with English, too.

Now first it will be good, if a language flag or something like that is shown for each language, second a filter function will be very nice.

I think it's just a matter of time till this works, too.

What experiences have you made with this support?

Kind regards.

From a look at the streamdetails table all information is stored, it is just not exposed to the skin.

Maybe CpnBry could add ListItem.SubtitleLanguages and ListItem.AudioLanguages which contains a comma separated list of all subtitle/audio languages. Then the skin can use substring() to check if a particular language is available.
Well if you just want to see which videos have audio in your language or a subtitle in your language, you can always make a Smart Playlist that checks these things.

As far as flags, I don't think any skins even show the first language so me altering the skinning engine to support multiple languages is a pretty low priority. And adding "all languages" item is bad for two reasons:

1) I am terribly opposed to adding more fields to substring() on since it is an awful hack solution.
2) People shouldn't have to edit their skin files to make the right information show up. Most people won't, and most of the people who won't will then bring up the point that people shouldn't have to edit their skin files and XBMC isn't a friendly app.
aside from the substring() discussion and whether or not skins currently display language and subtitle information, wouldn't it just make more sense to make all languages available to the skin?

i can image non-english users would like to see whether a certain movie has subtitles (or an audio track) in their native language, either when browsing their library or in the movie info dialog.
so i wouldn't mind adding ListItem.AudioLanguage and ListItem.SubtitleLanguage to Transparency!, but if it only lists 'english' in 99% of the cases, that would be pretty useless info to them.

just a thought...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
There's no point making it available if it can't be displayed in an appropriate manner in the skin.

To be quite honest, I don't see the point of a lot of this stuff with general browsing. I have no problem with it being in the movie information dialog, however.

If anyone thinks they can display the information in a reasonable manner while browsing, then do up some mockups.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
I was unsure where to post this, so chose general help since this is for native media flagging and not skin specific (at least I don't think it is Laugh )

I noticed that if a video is in MPEG-2 format it does not show the subsequent aspect ratio flag, all other formats I've tried seem to show the aspect ratio flags as well, but not with MPEG-2. Is this due to a limitation from what can read from an MPEG-2 file or is this simply not coded into the current media flagging solution?
The original design was going to be that you could display them all in a manner like ListItem.AudioLanguage(2), but I can't see that it is possible to have a list item item have a parameter (since the skinning engine appears to treat AudioLanguage as a parameter to ListItem so I can't put a parameter on AudioLanguage).

If I can figure out how to get a parameter on AudioLanguage, we could support it with something like ListItem.AudioLanguage(native) that returns the 3 letter language code if there is an audio track in the language the GUI is in or blank if not. Jonathan, is what I want to do here possible? It looked to me like if you're a property of a FileItem you can't have parameters because of the way the multi info list works.

Again though, the temporary fix would be to have a Smart Playlist that filters.
Correct - ListItem.foo can't take a parameter currently, as we only have two available (and container and list offset take those up).

I'm simply not convinced that it's something that can be realised well in the userinterface during browsing anyway, which kinda makes it moot. Just displaying the list of them in the info dialog seems enough for me.

Filters should be doable though - that seems far more useful to me.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

CapnBry Wrote:If I can figure out how to get a parameter on AudioLanguage, we could support it with something like ListItem.AudioLanguage(native) that returns the 3 letter language code if there is an audio track in the language the GUI is in or blank if not.

that would be a nice solution, but it's based on the assumption people will localize the gui.
i'm sure many non-english users will still want the xbmc interface to be in english.

jmarshall Wrote:I'm simply not convinced that it's something that can be realised well in the userinterface during browsing anyway, which kinda makes it moot. Just displaying the list of them in the info dialog seems enough for me.

the media info view would be a suitable place to list such info imo.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7