• 41(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
I'd like to say I was that clever, but you just so happened to catch me screwing around at work right before lunch. I've posted a patch to #7060 for the Ye Olde XBMC Crewe, and a test build for you here. Note this is only XBMC.exe which you should replace the version in \program files\xbmc with.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks CapnBry
hi! it's great that xbmc now natively supports flagging, thanks for that. I understand if more audio streams have the same amount of channels, the "highest" audio will be "eac3 > dts > ac3 > all else". could you add the lossless audio formats DTS-HDMA, TrueHD, and especially Flac to this list?
I think the priority should be something like this:

FLAC > DTSMA <> DolbyTrueHD > EAC3 > DTS > AC3 > Others

The thinking being that if I've taken the bother to create a FLAC track it's almost certainly sourced from the best available.

Have I missed any?
FLAC you're probably right about, I didn't know anyone ever put FLAC in a video audio track so I forgot about it when doing the priority.

The other two formats I don't even know how ffmpeg reports them, if it supports them, if they are distinct from DTS and E-AC3 respectively, and if the point is moot because the can't be played at this time anyway Smile

EDIT: After looking at it, I believe ffmpeg would report DTS-MA as just dca, and TrueHD as eac3 so there would be no way to distinguish them at the demux level like I do.
Just an idea but can you read the bitrate at all when you're doing the scanning? DTSMA and TrueHD could both be distinguished by their greater than 1.5mbit bitrates.

Oh and incase your wondering the reason lots of people have FLAC soundtracks is XBMC supported FLAC long before it did DTSMA or TrueHD, you can mix FLAC into mkv, and eac3to makes it really simple to do. So for a while it was the only viable lossless audio codec for video.
Have the issues with flagging VIDEO_TS rips been worked out by any chance?
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
natew Wrote:Have the issues with flagging VIDEO_TS rips been worked out by any chance?
Haven't even looked at it at all. It's believe a pretty sizable task that I don't really have time for.

As for bitrate info in the container header, errr, some of them do. Some have nominal bitrate, some have max bitrate, some don't have anything. I'm no expert on it though, so if someone else wants to look go for it.
I was looking at the wiki and did not see videoaspect ratio available for videoplayer.

Is there a reason this was left out?

Would it be worth a trac ticket?
quite a bit of time passed, just wanted to know when could that patch be implemented into main build?

it works, fixes a problem and doesn't seem to cause any other problems.
ekim232 Wrote:I was looking at the wiki and did not see videoaspect ratio available for videoplayer.

Is there a reason this was left out?
I believe it was originally left out because aspect was added late in the game and I forgot to include it on videoplayer. It definitely is in there now, VideoPlayer.VideoAspect.

And nekrosoft13, I haven't heard anything about the patch either.
CapnBry Wrote:I believe it was originally left out because aspect was added late in the game and I forgot to include it on videoplayer. It definitely is in there now, VideoPlayer.VideoAspect.

thanx. i've added the VideoPlayer.VideoAspect label to the wiki.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
CapnBry Wrote:And nekrosoft13, I haven't heard anything about the patch either.

to bad, not sure why it takes this long to actually get these patches "authorized".

CapnBry could I ask you for favor? could to compile a DX build exe with this patch in?

http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/dx/
because we are human beings with a job on the side and have higher priorities than reviewing diffs which does not bring anything to the table for us personally. in any case, i have looked at the diff but i didn't get the go from the maintainer of the code it touches hence it's in limbo.
Thanks Ronie and CapnBry for the info on that.

Does anyone think a feature of container by these items will ever be implemented?

I think it would be great to easily divide your movies/tv shows by not only genre, year, rating, ect....but also by the properties that have been put into place here. I know these things are not easily done, and I more than appreciate everyone's dedication to one of XBMC's biggest improvements.

Thanks again for a major feature!
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7