• 42(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
***edit: apparently, things don't work whey they are not enabled in settings :-)*****

sorry I am too lazy to go through 62 pages of this thread (although I did go through about 10 before I gave up)

I am using transparency 2.0 and whenever I play a movie, the flags get imported into the library, but before that there aren't any. Is that how flagging is supposed to work? (I noticed that the scraper gets whatever flag info it can from the name of the file/folder, but is it not supposed to get it from the file itself?) If not, is there a way to go through my entire library and update the tags without having to play each movie, possibly with an external sw or plugin or script?

thanks

***edit: please disregard :-)****
i'm gonna be as lazy as you.
spiff Wrote:i'm gonna be as lazy as you.

ah classic spiffery.
ekim232 Wrote:I think it would be great to easily divide your movies/tv shows by not only genre, year, rating, ect....but also by the properties that have been put into place here. I know these things are not easily done, and I more than appreciate everyone's dedication to one of XBMC's biggest improvements.
You can make a playlist which has whatever criteria you want. I have one for HD Movies which is "Video Resolution" "greater than" "480". I know you're asking about launch points directly from the first page of the library rather than the second, but this is much more flexible.

Maybe at some point the first page of the video library can be customizable to include jumps to specific playlists or something.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
still nothing Sad
thanks you all for getting the patch implemented.
I have follow up question about TS files.

Some skins use "source" flag, that shows AVI or Bluray icon.

How can I add source icon for TS file?
That is done entirely in the skin using a substring function. Some skins put them in a file called something like MediaFlags.xml, so check there first. If it isn't obvious, check the specific skin's subforum.
CapnBry Wrote:FLAC you're probably right about, I didn't know anyone ever put FLAC in a video audio track so I forgot about it when doing the priority.

The other two formats I don't even know how ffmpeg reports them, if it supports them, if they are distinct from DTS and E-AC3 respectively, and if the point is moot because the can't be played at this time anyway Smile

EDIT: After looking at it, I believe ffmpeg would report DTS-MA as just dca, and TrueHD as eac3 so there would be no way to distinguish them at the demux level like I do.

is there a chance that FLAC will be added to the priority list in Camelot?
You may want to make a ticket for it, the relevant code is
xmbc/utils/StreamDetails.cpp:
Code:
int CStreamDetailAudio::GetCodecPriority() const
{
  if (m_strCodec == "flaac")
    return 4;
Assuming flaac is the codec name you see in the codec information overlay when playing the video, you should check that.
Hi, i've been redirected to this thread. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post466504)

I've come to learn that XBMC doesn't support mediaflags for external subs, only internal and indirectly thru nfo files. Are there any plans for supporting external subtitle files and mediaflags as in *.srt and *.sub etc like MP-tvseries does?

FC
franckcastle Wrote:Hi, i've been redirected to this thread. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post466504)

I've come to learn that XBMC doesn't support mediaflags for external subs, only internal and indirectly thru nfo files. Are there any plans for supporting external subtitle files and mediaflags as in *.srt and *.sub etc like MP-tvseries does?

FC
I am seconding this request big time (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65001).

V.
I don't know if this request has been made (i don't want to read all 63 pages of this thread Wink ) but i would love to see if a movie or tv-show has more than one audio tracks and which languages they are in. VLC can handle that pretty well.
Would be a nice to have feature.
What i'd also love to have is a dialog box before starting a movie that is I have in more than one language, asking me which language i want to watch it in. Of course there should be an option to disable this feature for those who don't like it.
This brings me to another idea that when you have a trailer for a movie it could also ask you if you want to watch the trailer (instead of having to go to the movie info and then clicking on trailer)

What do you guys think?
BliBlaBlo Wrote:but i would love to see if a movie or tv-show has more than one audio tracks and which languages they are in.

+1

I think a lot of non English-based users would like to have flagging for files with mutiple audio tracks. This has to be done on a code level not skinning to make ListItem.AudioLanguage(NUMBER) available. Where NUMBER is the stream of your choice. I once did this quick and dirty to an unstable SVN Version but I currently don't have enough time to provide a clean patch. Maybe anyone else would like to do us a favor? Thanks in advance.
CapnBry Wrote:You may want to make a ticket for it, the relevant code is
XBMC/utils/StreamDetails.cpp:
Code:
int CStreamDetailAudio::GetCodecPriority() const
{
  if (m_strCodec == "flaac")
    return 4;
Assuming flaac is the codec name you see in the codec information overlay when playing the video, you should check that.

TRAC ticket Thanks for the little code snippet CapnBry.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7