• 102(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2018-11-07, 14:52)sectune Wrote: Dear kodi experts, one random annoyance I have (and I am really nitpicky right now, I know) with my shield is that every time I launch/wakeup my shield tv from standby it does show me the native leanback google launcher (home screen) and every time I need to select kodi over and over again (kodi is the only app I use and all other shield youtube/netflix apps are anyhow already in my custom menu shortcuts in kodi). Is there a way to setup kodi as the default launcher replacement? Thanks a lot in advance Smile
 What you may want to do instead is just prevent your Shield from going into standby mode at all.
I know it's not a Shield, but I have just bought a Mecool M8S, this has the leanback launcher, I'm not keen on it, because the list of apps cannot be edited. 

anyway, I downloaded a startup app. I can't remember what the name of it is, it might not be compatible anyway.
Just hit (<) back + (o) option button at the same time to put the shield to sleep from inside Kodi. When you click any button to wake the shield it will launch back to Kodi where you left off Smile
Thanks a lot for the useful hints! I use the harmony remote so unfortunately the keypress trick will not work on me. I also tried to setup the app to auto start Kodi from the app store, it does only work though with SPMC to my knowledge Sad so I guess there are no alternatives left?

Just to reply to myself with an answer: sorry, I was stupid, but your replies did get me in the right direction Smile I just needed to edit the shutdown settings on my harmony remote to not turn off the shield (Devices > operational settings > edit the settings for "on"/"off" for shield device). D'oh.
I'm sorry for my urgency! Hi, in your opinion is it better Dune HD Solo Lite Media Player ot NVIDIA SHIELD TV to watch 4K videos (files) with high bitrate made by myself with a camera? I don't watch TV but I will connect my HDD with many my 4K documentaries to that device.

Then..... does Kodi works better with Dune HD Solo Lite Media Player or with NVIDIA SHIELD TV?

I'd like to get some replies from guys who know both very well.
Thanks

PS: I have just ordered NVIDIA SHIELD TV but I'm afraid having made a wrong purchase.
(2018-11-08, 01:33)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Then..... does Kodi works better with Dune HD Solo Lite Media Player or with NVIDIA SHIELD TV?

Kodi does not run on the Sigma Designs chipset in the Dune HD Solo - there is no Kodi support for that chipset.

You purchased the correct device when choosing the Shield. Far Far better Kodi support.

Question:

If i set Shield  to recommended setting 4K 59.940Hz YUV420 10-bit Rec.2020, KODI start regulary.
If i change Shield settings (any change) KODI don't start anymore (blank screen)

KODI GUI is set to 3840x2160 59,94 Hz - unlimited.

Why?
(2018-11-08, 12:20)mamachan Wrote: Question:

If i set Shield  to recommended setting 4K 59.940Hz YUV420 10-bit Rec.2020, KODI start regulary.
If i change Shield settings (any change) KODI don't start anymore (blank screen)

KODI GUI is set to 3840x2160 59,94 Hz - unlimited.

Why?
Please provide a logcat and a kodi Debug Log when this happens
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Good deal at Best Buy for Shield TV w/remote + Echo Dot 3rd gen for $140 shipped.
(2018-11-08, 15:34)hdmkv Wrote: Good deal at Best Buy for Shield TV w/remote + Echo Dot 3rd gen for $140 shipped.
 Same price at Amazon, just without the Echo dot. May want to jump on it while you can. It was the same price for a couple hours yesterday and then shot back up.
Hi, I posted my problems on > Discussions > Hardware > NVIDIA SHIELD TV from 4K to HD? Please help me and reply me there, otherwise I will return the Shield.
I have buy a JBL Bar 5.1 Soundbar and i have connect the Shield with this. But i have the problem now i can use 4k only with 709rec and not 2020rec. My Sony XE93 can use 2020rec and whene i connect the Shield with the TV i can use 2020rec. Why can i not use 2020rec with the Soundbar? The JBL Soundbar have 4k HDR support with hdcp 2.2.
(Sorry wrong thread)
(2018-11-06, 10:25)peak3d Wrote:
(2018-11-06, 09:22)wasabi2go Wrote: I too have same problem, on a 720p plasma tv. Shield does not allow me to change resolution to anything but 1280x720 (either 60Hz or 59.940 HZ)
Is there a way to change the res in Kodi?
If someone can tell me how many clicks to the right etc, as I would be doing it blind lol
Try another colorspace setting in Android GUI, one where you have more modes listed in filter section.

@DNKK  setting resolutions / refreshrates has nothing to do with whitelist. whitelist only lists modes where kodi is allowed to switch to when playing video.

Tried the 3 colour combo’s and the refresh settings (6 options in total from the 3 colours and 2 refresh options each) alas to no avail.
Thanks for the suggestion though
recently moved to the shield tv replacing my s905 LE box, everything is great except when watching TS files recorded from my HDHomeRUN. The video plays properly and i can skip ahead without any issues, its just when I start to skip back, i will get the buffer circle. It will go to 100% but the video stays frozen, if i leave it alone for 60 seconds the video will start to play also Kodi menus are still functional. 

This only happens with TS files, only when rewinding, skipping back 10 seconds is okay but if i skip back say 7 minutes it freezes. Tried high bitrate MKV files and other files with no log or freezing. I had buffer and cache settings set in advancedsettings.xml with LE but that has no effect with the shield.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188