• 84(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2018-05-26, 05:09)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hello!

Really need some help with this one. Today I tried to change regions on the Settings/Player Settings/Discs/Blu-ray region Code to Region B and C. Both times I got the same pop with entitled "Playback failed" and with the the error message "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message". I did not get it first time I posted the problem. Here is a link to the pop up https://photos.app.goo.gl/YPYHulK2OaW5FvsV2 

The new debug log can be found here -> https://pastebin.com/8hwNJ240 

Thanks for the help!
 Hello! This issue is making me crazy! hehehe Can you please take a look at this and let me know what is wrong? Please let me know if the debug information provided is not enough
How to: Creating additional Kodi Channels on Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332589
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi - what skin can I use that will display HDR, Dolby Atmos and DTS-X logos?
I use 'Aura', which is beautiful. Find it in the WIP section. May switch back to my all-time fave Artic when it arrives for Leia. Both support ATMOS & DTS:X flags. Same skinner @jurialmunkey for both.
Thanks for the tip. I've installed it and I am still having troubles. Posted them in the Aura topic - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2741648

I also like Artic very much! Smile
A little surprise for music lovers in Oreo.

It works for Pandora also, but I'm going to go out on limb and say it may work for most other music apps.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
As nice as these Oreo posts of your are tinwarble its ever so slightly frustrating when it's currently not bleeding possible to get Oreo for the shield.
(2018-06-09, 12:11)tredman Wrote: As nice as these Oreo posts of your are tinwarble its ever so slightly frustrating when it's currently not bleeding possible to get Oreo for the shield.

Not sure why it's frustrating? When Nvidia gets the bugs fixed they'll release it. It's only been about a week since they pulled it.

The reason I'm posting about the features is so that when others do get they won't have to do like myself and figure these things out for themselves. You can just go straight into setting it up and using it.
(2018-06-09, 12:24)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2018-06-09, 12:11)tredman Wrote: As nice as these Oreo posts of your are tinwarble its ever so slightly frustrating when it's currently not bleeding possible to get Oreo for the shield.

Not sure why it's frustrating? When Nvidia gets the bugs fixed they'll release it. It's only been about a week since they pulled it.

The reason I'm posting about the features is so that when others do get they won't have to do like myself and figure these things out for themselves. You can just go straight into setting it up and using it.
True, but I'm sure you can imagine it is slightly annoying seeing features and info which can't be used.

That said I'm currently not using any of my 4 shields as I've finally had it with glitchy live TV performance.
Just got my update; looks like nVidia has resumed pushing these out to Preview participants...

Tested 4K HDR UHD playback, with 'The Martian', and PQ looks stellar w/my Optoma UHD51A. No banding & it's probably placebo, but PQ seems a tad better than before. We'll have to wait for @wesk05's more scientific assessment.
Only a 1 GB update... Eek

Well, I was expecting a delay of a couple of months because of the relative high number of bugs I read about, but things are looking up now.
Just checked on my Shield TV (1st Gen 16GB) and I'm getting 7.0.1 Preview too. Downloading now.

Their server is pretty decent as it's whizzing through the download.
(2018-06-10, 22:16)Klojum Wrote: Only a 1 GB update... Eek

Well, I was expecting a delay of a couple of months because of the relative high number of bugs I read about, but things are looking up now.
It's a major version update, probably includes an updated bootloader.  These tend to be larger than minor updates.

This is not the first time a Preview release has had bugs that needed to be fixed before it goes to the general public.  Nvidia is usually pretty fast at releasing an updated version with fixes.  They are just slower if there are bugs in the public release and they aren't major bugs.
Thinking about getting a Shield for a spare bedroom with a 1080p tv. How well does the Shield do with 4K HDR files downscaled to 1080p 24p? I have read about the colorspace issues with HDR TV. How does that translate to 1080P?
(2018-06-11, 05:45)KrispyKreme Wrote: Thinking about getting a Shield for a spare bedroom with a 1080p tv. How well does the Shield do with 4K HDR files downscaled to 1080p 24p? I have read about the colorspace issues with HDR TV. How does that translate to 1080P?
 It is not that there are colorspace issues, but the main problem is that it cannot automatically switch colorspaces. That being said, this will not be ideal for your needs since it cannot do an HDR to SDR conversion so all HDR files will look washed out.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188