• 98(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2018-10-06, 13:57)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 12:24)botribun Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 21:10)Blurayx Wrote:  when I click on the Kodi icon after using voice search. That's when Kodi crashes. I reported it a few weeks ago. still waiting for a fix.     
 Is this with the default theme or a custom one?   
The image shown is the Aura Skin. I have the same issue using the Kodi default skin.
I wiped data and cache on mine and still the same.
Mine is not finding anything via voice search, with 18 B3?
Hey guys....been running several Chromeboxes with LE for years, but I'm finally upgrading my main system and ordered a 2017 Shield 16GB.
I know it's a generic request, but would be the recommended settings in Kodi (leia latest will be installed) for my setup.....do I whitelist all resolutions, what do I set the interface resolution to, etc

TV - Vizio M65-E0: HDCP 2.2, UHD, HDR10, 2160@60fps, 4:4:4
Receiver - Denon AVR-S910W: HDCP 2.2, UHD, HDR, 2160@60fps, 4:4:4
Should work out of the box, mine does.
How do I turn off google Assistant annoying voice?
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
recently I have discovered a very strange behavior of the kodi 17.6 on the shield tv. After 7-9 min after Kodi start up the video interface of the kodi is frozen, but audio is still alive and the kodi itself is still alive. WITH home button on RC I can return to the home page of the Nvidia shield tv, to return to Kodi and the interface will active again. I uninstalled all addons, but it didn't help me. In the kodi logs I don't see anything wrong - see the logs where at 19-52 and 20-26 the Kodi interface was frozen and after return from shield homepage again was alive
http://slexy.org/view/s2aiSYqGQx
http://slexy.org/view/s21LRNGsoE
http://slexy.org/view/s21FZDn1wk

pls, advice where the issue can be? what needs to check?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Is the shield still worth it? Or am i beter of buying something else. I want netflix, kodi with video streaming and iptv. I like it to be android so i can enable and dissable the vpn easily. I now own a mi box but i am annoyed about it not adjusting refresh rate.
(2018-10-15, 19:25)rwijnhov Wrote: Is the shield still worth it? Or am i beter of buying something else. I want netflix, kodi with video streaming and iptv. I like it to be android so i can enable and dissable the vpn easily. I now own a mi box but i am annoyed about it not adjusting refresh rate.
 Wherever your question takes you, please be mindful of our VPN Policy (wiki) in any follow-ups.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Ok I see yes, I will.
(2018-10-15, 19:25)rwijnhov Wrote: Is the shield still worth it? Or am i beter of buying something else. I want netflix, kodi with video streaming and iptv. I like it to be android so i can enable and dissable the vpn easily. I now own a mi box but i am annoyed about it not adjusting refresh rate.
 Shield is still the best device you can buy for Kodi, it is the gold standard.
I've got 2 Shields but I've also to say that for 4K videos (personal mkv backups of HD Bluray Discs) I rely more on the OSMC Vero 4K+ that is going to implement very shortly some nice video improvements (among others: automatic colour space switching without having to set 10-bit manually or enable HDR autoswitching in Kodi).
Hi,
I haven't kept up with the latest 80 pages of posts or so, but I take it that the automatic switching of the color space of the Shield is still not resolved. I'm not sure how to even test this out on my own Shield device, because when I go to HDMI settings, it's set to a recommended REC709 setting and when I change it to let's say BT2020, go out of the settings and come back in, it defaults again to the recommended REC709 one.

I'm contemplating like some others to buy a Vero 4K+ device as well for Kodi or the Minix U9-H with LibreElec. Any advantages of one device over the other?

Thanks in advance.
(2018-10-25, 16:34)rylsiem Wrote: Hi,
I haven't kept up with the latest 80 pages of posts or so, but I take it that the automatic switching of the color space of the Shield is still not resolved. I'm not sure how to even test this out on my own Shield device, because when I go to HDMI settings, it's set to a recommended REC709 setting and when I change it to let's say BT2020, go out of the settings and come back in, it defaults again to the recommended REC709 one.

I'm contemplating like some others to buy a Vero 4K+ device as well for Kodi or the Minix U9-H with LibreElec. Any advantages of one device over the other?

Thanks in advance.
 You can take this for whatever it's worth, since it's just a single anecdotal example, but... Not too long ago I spent maybe a good hour or so flipping between 709 and 2020 color gamuts and then closely looking at the same scene of a TV show. Yes, the UI elements were washed out looking, but when it came to the actual video, I could not tell any difference. What helped even more was making sure to do a quick recalibration on 2020, and to make sure my TV was set to "Warm2" for the color temp. I can only speak to my own experience, but I kind of suspect people just saw the washed out looking UI elements and assumed that it would be that way for everything. A reasonable assumption in most circumstances, but not accurate in this case from my experience.

Also, since you mention BT2020, I assume you're interested in HDR content. In which case, you want to avoid LibreELEC, as it doesn't support HDR period from what I can tell. The Vero does, and there are one or two Vero reps lurking around here to help answer questions which is always a plus, but the fatal flaw (IMO) is that they do not support Netflix or Prime Video without having to go way out of your way. If you want Netflix and/or Prime Video, the Shield is probably still the best option there is right now.
(2018-10-25, 17:44)aerogems Wrote: Also, since you mention BT2020, I assume you're interested in HDR content. In which case, you want to avoid LibreELEC, as it doesn't support HDR period from what I can tell. The Vero does, and there are one or two Vero reps lurking around here to help answer questions which is always a plus, but the fatal flaw (IMO) is that they do not support Netflix or Prime Video without having to go way out of your way. If you want Netflix and/or Prime Video, the Shield is probably still the best option there is right now. 

Some LibreElec/CoreElec builds for some platforms - like the AMLogic S912/S905X platforms (e.g. Minix U9-H) do support HDR10 10-bit output (some kernels seem to add 10->8->10 bit dithering though) and there can be issues with the correct metadata for average and peak light levels being correctly passed AIUI? And as you say the Vero 4K (S905X) and Vero 4K+ (S905D) handle it in OSMC.
Hello Kodi community,  Rofl

I was wondering if anyone has tried headphone jack on the remote controller with Kodi ? It tells me to disable surround in the settings when i plug in my headphone but it still doesn't work. :/
It's weird because it works with other apps . Huh 

Thank you.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188