Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-16, 10:12)badbadbad Wrote: Is it confirmed that the 2017 Shield TV Pro will still use an SSHD? And can we easily replace the drive this time?

The Pro is the exact same model, there's been hardware changes to it. And it's never going to be easy to swap out the drive, Android is not Windows.

(2017-01-16, 12:40)tredman Wrote: I thought I read on the Geforce forums that adopted storage could be used for transcoded files, but not data?

Quote:HOW SHOULD I SET UP MY SHIELD TO GET THE BEST PLEX MEDIA SERVER PERFORMANCE?

For the best media server performance, it’s recommended to use an Ethernet connection between your SHIELD and your router. Also, if you are mounting a NAS to SHIELD, it’s recommended to use an Ethernet connection between your NAS and your router. This configuration will provide the maximum available bandwidth for your Wi-Fi network for serving content to your mobile devices.

Plex also recommends that you maintain sufficient free space on your internal storage for video transcoding, roughly equal to the size of the source file of the transcode (this can average around 4-5GB for a full length HD movie).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by Tinwarble - 2017-01-16, 16:27
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188