Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-16, 19:14)hdmkv Wrote: I love the new game controller (lightweight, very responsive), but don't care for the new remote (cheap feel to it, needs direct line of sight). I initially had the Shield mounted behind the TV, and the remote didn't work well. Moved Shield under the TV on a shelf and works fine. Wondering if remote is IR; thought only the Pro version is supposed to have IR?

Also, how do you enable the always on mic on the controller? Works fine if I press the nVidia button, but not seeing the icon in the launcher as shown in CES demos (see pic below). I have the latest f/

No, the new remote is BT, but has a IR blaster for your TV. It's in the Specs sheet by the way. You may have interference causing issues. The 16GB model does not have an IR receiver.

I'm not sure about the controller, but what's stated above in the 2nd post about the controller is taken from the response that I got from Nvidia.

EDIT: From my understanding (still waiting for the update on my old Shields) Google Assistant is not yet available on the Shield, if so, it may come with that addition.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by Tinwarble - 2017-01-16, 19:22
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188