Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-16, 19:14)hdmkv Wrote: I love the new game controller (lightweight, very responsive), but don't care for the new remote (cheap feel to it, needs direct line of sight). I initially had the Shield mounted behind the TV, and the remote didn't work well. Moved Shield under the TV on a shelf and works fine. Wondering if remote is IR; thought only the Pro version is supposed to have IR?

Also, how do you enable the always on mic on the controller? Works fine if I press the nVidia button, but not seeing the icon in the launcher as shown in CES demos (see pic below). I have the latest f/w.

BTW, if anyone's interested, you can get the Shield for $174.99 w/$25 off at Best Buy using VISA Checkout... see this.

Wow, I really had NO interest in purchasing one of the Shields, but really hard to turn down a "bargain". That $175 with free shipping is really tempting.

However, I almost pulled the trigger this morning on this "$52 off for VOYO VMac V1 Mini PC $128GB only $217.99". I went to the Geekbuying site, but nowhere can I find a code go get the discount, otherwise I would have ordered it.

Now my quandary, which device do I purchase with my limited funds. To be noted, I have numerous Android TV boxes, including the Mi box and my newest one the Zidoo X9S (which I only use for occasional testing). I also have a Beelink MiniMX 3, running libreELEC, that I use occasionally for watching my BlueRay rips. The box that I am concentrating on now, is my $40 Amlogic S905x running Ubuntu 16.04.

So, I really don't NEED either the new Shield or the fairly new Voyo VMac V1, (will have to figure out where to locate it in my entertainment center) or which one of my boxes I will have to return to storage. I am just itching for a new toy to play with.

Any convincing arguments on which of the two I should get??

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by clarkss12 - 2017-01-16, 22:31
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188