Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
As I was expecting after reading some of the posts here and at nVIDIA, the splitter switch I bought didn't work. I dont know whether I can be arsed taking the chance on spending another £50 to £60 on trying to see if a 2.2 to 1.4 converter will work, that is the cheapest I can find them for here in the UK. So I think the switch and Shield are going back to Amazon I'm afraid, unless someone can guarantee those converters work?

Trying to run two HDMI outputs at the same time via that splitter, one to the TV and one to the AVR doesn't work either, the AVR never outputs sound.

I can't even get Kodi to output any audio through the optical out from my TV to my AVR when the Shield is connected directly to the TV. Actually that's not totally true, I can hear the GUI sounds when moving around the menu's but any videos I play make no sound. I dont like that Idea anyway as you are limited to 5.1 even if it did work over optical. I have an ATMOS setup so that just isn't acceptable to be limited to 5.1.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by Andydigital - 2017-01-19, 18:09
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188