Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-20, 18:55)Tinwarble Wrote: Alright everyone, here's somethings that I've learned yesterday (for those interested).

1. Youtube 4K HDR / VP9 profile 2 support. - They are "looking into it". No details were gone into, but that it was not dismissed so there is a possibility that it may come in the future. But don't take that to the bank.

3. Mixed HDMI issues - I brought this up, but they weren't aware of the issue. I did try to explain it the best I could, having to go by forum posts since I don't have anything to personally test against, but with differing reports the last couple of days, I'm not actually sure what the issue is now. If anyone that has tested the issue and wants to detail what they are experiencing, feel free to PM me or post here with the details and I will make sure that it gets pushed to Nvidia. No guarantees on a fix though.

Thanks for the updates Smile

1. As I mentioned earlier, I would have expected the new Shield to be released with VP9 profile 2 support. Since it hasn't, I will now be really surprised if we ever see that on Tegra X1.

3. It is not a good sign if nVIDIA folks are still asking this issue to be explained! There is a multi-page thread on this very topic on the Shield forum. It has also been raised by several people in various other threads. Some beta testers have also mentioned it several times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by wesk05 - 2017-01-20, 20:30
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188