Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-21, 21:36)wesk05 Wrote: By indoor antenna, I meant leaf antenna. I would think that is what folks living in big cities/small apts are using these days.

I've had one of those too. It worked well enough if I could get at a high enough point in the house, but I would get signal drops at certain points during the day. I imagine that city folks that are much closer to the broadcast antennas don't have as big of an issue, especially with something like a Mohu Leaf 50. Even a leaf 30 is probably enough if there's not a lot of interference.

(2017-01-22, 01:33)phreedumb Wrote: 1. Replaced Kodi with SPMC (most recommended but still unsure why/difference to Kodi) - this enabled me to set the resolution of SPMC to 4k @ 59.94Hz, is that right? I couldn't adjust that in Kodi 16.1
2. I'm on Shield 5.0 (24.25.401.111) - but apparently there is a 5.0.1 update which I can't seem to force update
3. Remote lag is in Shield UI and all apps (rebooted and it came up with battery is low) <- most likely lag is due to crap batteries - frustrating as batteries shouldn't be dead OOTB. Followed https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...rformance/ and popped the batteries in/out and back to full power. Lag gone!
4. Reset factory defaults on WiFi (still getting some buffering issues and lag when skipping ahead in videos on either 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, Shield says signal strength Excellent on both) - bought a USB3 hdd and will test that. It's shared from my router, can I share via the Shield over USB?
5. Haven't manually configured anything else (I connect via HDMI 2.0 to my LG 55EF9500 4k HDR 4:4:4 TV), any sound or video options to play with?

Is anyone able to offer any advice?

1. Because there is no Android maintainer for Kodi anymore and SPMC is forked by the former maintainer. And it has some Android specific tweaks.
2. Yes there is a 5.0.1 update.
3. See here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...rformance/ also, 5.0.1 has some specific bug fixes for the remote.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by Tinwarble - 2017-01-22, 01:45
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188