Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-02-12, 17:32)Veronica Wrote: [quote='Victor Shade' pid='2523779' dateline='1486901219']
Quick update. Tried to map the SMB folder on my internally mounted HDD, but it shows that the drive is only 111gb large and that I already used space. The My book is 8TB large and empty...

This is getting really annoying.

watch gallery
Ok 2 things.
1. I read somewhere that there was a limitation of probably 2-3tb for the shield tv for attached usb HDD. Don't know if that still apply so if someone could confirm for nougat please.
Mine is 3tb but accessed as smb network share not adopted and no issues there.
2. Probably you tought that you adopted it. Please make sure that in storage settings you see only 1 internal storage option of 8TB nd not separate info for internal 11gb and USB HDD 8tb.
Did you try a reboot?.
I think probably you "adopted it" while you already had apps and their data installed on the Shield
If still you think it is adopted and a reboot didn't help it is better if you nuke your shield down and start from scratch, backing up everything you can (if not rooted) from your shield and from your 8tb HDD because you'll need to format both. Then physically remove the Android folder from shield's internal storage, restore and format your hdd as external, eject it, unplug it and make a factory reset. Once booted up do the initial setup again until you see the leanback launcher, then immediately plug in your hdd and do the adopting as internal storage process. Before going further (installing apps) check the network access from/to the ShieldTV.

Hi Victoria,

Thanks, Il give that try!

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Jan 26 2017 - by Victor Shade - 2017-02-12, 18:01
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188