Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
OK...

VERY new to KODI again (used to be a Huge XBMC user back in the Xbox days) Once the Xbox was no longer able to stream 1080P MKV streams from my PC I moved to a POPCORN HOUR and then WD LIVE.
When Xbmc made it to PC. I never really used it (due to never having a PC in the living room). But I have a 2017 Nvidia Shield Pro and Just got my first 4K TV so I am jumping on the Kodi Bandwagon.,

What I have done so far.

Installed KODI to the Shield (V17 from apps store).
Configured the Resolution and Audio sections of Kodi.
Since it is hooked up to a Onkyo 809 I have all Audio sources turned on in the pass-through section.
SMB mapped my 2 PC's on Kodi so I can access all my PC's content

The Shield is on a Cat 5e Network hard wired. (no wireless).
The PC's are both Hardwired as well.
1080P Streams even some High Bit rate Bluray Streams 25Mbps stream fine from the PC to my WD live and now my Shield.
I just started getting into 4K as of Yesterday. I borrowed some 4K content from a buddy.

What I noticed so far.
4K is a bit strange but beautiful.
Not sure if it is my TV (smooth-motion engine) or the Streams or network Lag (??) but the One movie I watched was good but had small hiccups.
I got no buffering issues (so I assume the network is fine)
I did get some offsync of audio and mouths, but turning to best Batch over Optimized seemed to correct that,
There used to be an offsync setting you could access on XBMC on the fly, but can't seem to find it in kodi. I tryed using my offsync setting on my recevier but it only goes up not into negatives and by 5ms increments only. i think i needed to go to -3ms or so. either way i got it very very close. it doesn't erk me anymore when watching dialog upclose scenes.

So what else should I do?
Any Shield 4K experts here?
Any Addon's I should get?
Setting I should Tweak Further?
IS there a way to use the shield to perhaps have a bigger buffer just to prevent large 4K streams from lagging or buffering over the network.
(not that I think this will be a problem as I just streamed a 60GB movie over Ethernet to the shield and I got no lag, buffering issues and such) But just incase?

Any advice of how to enhance and give me the best experience possible, please let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Jan 26 2017 - by Comp1demon - 2017-02-13, 01:37
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188