Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-02-14, 21:57)hman411 Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 19:27)Victor Shade Wrote: Writing External (unformatted) Hard Drive from PC

Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you to everyone that keeps posting in this thread (as well as the older one). You have already answered so many of questions in terms of setup. Just got my 2017 Shield last week and its working great. I have one remaining question:

I have 2 TB WD My book hooked to the Shield and can play everything via Kodi and access the files via Total Commander. However, the Hard Drive still shows up as read only on my PC, so I can copy anything new on it. I read that this a limitation of Plex...

Now, I have seen that there are options like VirtualHere to get around this, but apparently it slows down transfer speeds considerably. I therefore wanted to ask if anyone knew a better way to deal with this?

My apologies if the question is basic or if it has been asked before. Nevertheless, I would be greatfull for any suggestions.

Thanks!

Vic

Vic I have ordered a 16gb shield and wanted to know if you have any tips or suggestion when using it with WD My Cloud?

Want to make good use of it while away from the home network. Either via Plex or any other method.

Thanks,

Hi Hman411,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Basically, what Victoria mentioned helped a lot. But basically, the key for me was to make sure it was NFTS and format it as part of the Internal Storage. Also, ensure that transfer option via LAN is turned on. I also turned on the debugging mode for USB and LAN under developer options. Works great. Only hickup I have had was a crash while watching a movie under Kodi. This is was because my network settings weren't correctly set and cause some issues while transferring files. Since fixing that, works like a charm.

Good luck!

VIC

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Jan 26 2017 - by Victor Shade - 2017-02-18, 18:02
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188