• 54(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-06-27, 18:15)Henke123 Wrote: Thanks. What about the settings in "Settings /System /Display “. In there I can change to either 23.98, 24, 23.97.

What should I choose there?
Do not change.

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk
Hi has anyone got amazon echo dot working with Kodi/SPMC on Nvidia Shield?
Hi - am hoping someone can help me set up my Harmony Elite (+Hub) to work properly with Shield (2015 model) + KODI/SPMC.

I've seen the posts on this forum suggesting I need to add Windows PC as a device to the harmony, and connect via BT to the Shield. I must be doing something wrong as I can't get the "Windows PC" keys to be recognised by the remote. My harmony is already connected to my Shield as a BT Keyboard - do I need to somehow separately connect the "Windows PC" device to my Shield as well?

What I am trying to do is create some new on-screen buttons on my remote - i.e. I don't want to attach kodi commands to the hard buttons on my remote (wife is never going to remember that "red" = "subtitles"!) - I want to create a subtitle key on my screen by linking an on screen button to the "T" key (and other keys for "codec", "audio track", "audio delay", "subtitle delay" etc.),.

But when I go into my remote settings for my activity, and I try to use the "Windows PC" device, all the keyboard letters are greyed out, so I cant attach them to the on screen button I am creating. Any idea what I am doing wrong? (by the way, I have a FLIRC, and could use this, but would much rather have everything working via BT instead of introducing IR into the equation (if possible).

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
Greyed out means most of the time the key is already mapped to another button, so you would probably need to unmap it first.

I used BT before for my Shield<->Harmony setup, but I found out the Flirc was much more snappy, responsive, fast (and versatile). I could never go back to BT now.
I'm not sure that's the case here - EVERY key is greyed out
From My own personal notes...

Harmony Smart Remote? To use the Harmony Smart (or Elite) remote, requires a 2 device setup within the Harmony Software (works on the Phone, but not within the Windows software).

- First you will add the Shield TV as a Device. From the Harmony App on the Phone, Edit Activities. Add entertainment device. Choose Nvidia, then Shield (and will be listed as a Nvidia Game Console).

- Then you will add a MS Windows PC. From the Harmony App on the Phone, Add device, Add Computer (Windows). You should then rename it to Windows bluetooth keyboard – so it’s easy to identify what it really is used for in your Harmony setup).

- In the Shield TV, go to SettingsRemote & Accessories and Add the Harmony Bluetooth Keyboard.
- To change What Buttons on the Remote Do. On your Phone with the Harmony software, go to Edit Activities, and select Shield TV. Then click Customize Remotes.

In Kodi, go to Settings, Add-Ons, Program Add-on’s, and scroll down to the Keymap Editor program. you will need to install the “Keymap Editor” Add-On.
This will make the Info button on the remote actually open the Info screen within Kodi. You need to…
- In Kodi, launch the Keymap Editor program and select EditVideosNavigationShow Info, then add the info button (as seen in the chart, this would be the Movies button you setup in the Harmony App on the phone.

In the Keymap editor did you assign it under Fullscreen Video > Subtitle > Show Subtitles?
For codec info, go to Fullscreen video > Other > Show codec info, program whichever button you want.

But where in the Keymap Editor, do I make the Guilde Button, take me to the Nvidia Home Screen?
You don't do that in Keymap Editor. You just assign the Guide button as HOME (device Shield TV) in the Harmony app and it will be used to go back to Lean-back. You shouldn’t have to do anything else.
Thanks Powerhouse - those instructions look familiar, however I am looking to map to the remote on-screen buttons ("soft buttons"), not the existing 'hard' remote buttons - that's where my problem lies.
Should be similar to the hard buttons (I've programmed all the number "soft buttons" to work in Kodi), but just in case you missed these...

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/cust...tes-screen

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/crea...-sequences

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/cust...armony-app

Perhaps you can give an example of exactly what on-screen button you want to program.
One of my friends using Shield, he said his performance is drop when streaming large files from the internet, Kodi server. has anyone faced this issues?
(2017-07-12, 17:10)Powerhouse Wrote: Should be similar to the hard buttons (I've programmed all the number "soft buttons" to work in Kodi), but just in case you missed these...

Yep, read all those help sites already (but thx for posting them all the same!)

All I am trying to do is have soft buttons for subtitles, audio track etc.

I know how to do this (map 't' for subtitles using the "windows PC" as the device, etc) but the problem is when I try to say which device to use for the keyboard ("windows PC"), all the letters are greyed out on the remote so I can't select the letter "t" (or any other letter).
(2017-07-01, 08:33)Bjur Wrote: Hi has anyone got amazon echo dot working with Kodi/SPMC on Nvidia Shield?

Have you tried the instructions from How-to-geek? I've got it working with an Echo, but I don't have the Dot. I'd imagine it would work the same way, though.
Lately when i start a lot of movies i have to go to audio settings and turn off passthrough and then turn it back on. Anyone else had this happen?
(2017-07-17, 04:23)Cozmo85 Wrote: Lately when i start a lot of movies i have to go to audio settings and turn off passthrough and then turn it back on. Anyone else had this happen?

If you have 'Adjust Display Refresh rate' enabled remember to set a delay of aroumd 5-6 secods so that both video and audio sync better
Loving my shield all audio is working great sent to my denon receiver via hdmi. Only issue is kodi resamples 96hz 5.1 flac to 48hz. Is there a solution for this? Stereo flac seems to play fine up to 192khz. I have a lot of multi channel flac and it's one of the big reasons I bought the shield. Does anyone actually have 5.1 flac playing at 96hz 24 bit on shield tv and if so which software?
(2017-07-26, 23:58)Fargusr Wrote: Loving my shield all audio is working great sent to my denon receiver via hdmi. Only issue is kodi resamples 96hz 5.1 flac to 48hz. Is there a solution for this? Stereo flac seems to play fine up to 192khz. I have a lot of multi channel flac and it's one of the big reasons I bought the shield. Does anyone actually have 5.1 flac playing at 96hz 24 bit on shield tv and if so which software?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2241160
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188