Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-09-05, 19:54)Tinwarble Wrote: While heat will definitely cause the issue, unless you have the Shield setting on top of a heat source I highly doubt that's the cause, at least not under normal circumstances. There are many things that could be the cause, including having a bad unit, bad power source, another app, etc.

Easiest thing to do is to first try a factory reset. If it's still doing after that, then dump a logcat and see if anything gets reported when the Shield shutdown.

Also, are these "shutdowns" or reboots? A shutdown would be the Shield completely turns off and doesn't turn back on.

Shutdowns, never reboots. It is off and I have to use the touch power button on top of it. Only happens with Kodi, though that might be statistical probability because 95% of my shield usuage is Kodi.

I don't think it is overheating, I am fairly sure it is now hotter than ever with constant cpu usuage from software decoding... but now it is stable... 3 days stable in a row is something I have no had in months.

Anyway, I tried everything incl. factory reset... didn't help and didn't help anyone else with the issue. I will give the Vero 4k a try soon because I have other issues with the shield (known limitations of the shield, or shall I say limitations of Android).

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Jun 9, 2017 - by Nickelig - 2017-09-05, 20:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188