Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
Some folks with the Shield Experience 6 update are reporting problems with remote lag with the lag being quite considerable in some cases. Nvidia are working op an update which will be pushed to affected devices soon. I'm guessing that once it's been tested thoroughly at the user end, the update will be pushed to all devices (given that many folks who might be affected might not even be aware of the Shield forums or the thread:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...-6-update/

Must admit I really like Kodi 17 on the Shield, much more polished and very TV type remote friendly. I've tried SPMC a few times and while I have immense respect for Koying I just can't see where using SPMC is preferable to Kodi, part of that comes from the fact the I really can't stand the Confluence layout after Estuary plus I've had crashes and problems with SPMC that I haven't had with Kodi. Looking forward to Kodi 18.

On the Shield with SPMC when I was trying it I found the global search from Google Assistant using OK Google REALLY patchy on returning results from SPMC. Plex, no problems, comes up mostly every time. I'm told it might be down to naming of the files? As an example I have a movie named "Alien.m4v". Someone suggested that SPMC would only find it if you asked to search for Alien.m4v? Can't see that though? Every movie will have to have an extension, surely you can't be expected to add the extension every time? But searching for Alien throws up a result for Plex, not for SPMC.

Only other query I have. The Shield has Plex player installed by default. If you have the Plex app on the Shield what would be the point of having the Plex add-on in Kodi? Unless maybe it does TrakT support better?? Can't think of what the benefit would be especially when Kodi will play all your local media anyway??

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Oct. 06, 2017 - by Tech Ninja - 2017-10-13, 03:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188