Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-11-27, 15:40)DSilverburgh Wrote: Hi, 

My Nvidia Shield Device is not upgrading to the latest version 6.2. I bought it from Dubai. Is it cause of the Hardware bought from the Middle East, I cannot upgrade the device, or is it some sort of software corruption.
Please guide me with a proper solution. 

Thanks
Nothing to do with Kodi.  For questions about upgrading firmware you need to ask on the Nvidia forums.
(2017-11-27, 16:02)docwra Wrote: How do people transfer files between the shield and other PC's?
From PC to Shield
Use the "Over the network" feature on the Shield.  Make sure Plex Media Server is up to date, then go to Settings > Storage & reset > Over the network, and turn it on.  Then you can transfer from you PC to the Shield just like any other network device.

NOTE: for external storage you will need to use the "NVIDIA_SHIELD" folder created on that storage.

From Shield to PC/NAS.
Install X-plore File Manager, go to "LAN", select "Add server" then "Scan". 

You can bookmark your network devices by selecting that device, after you have scanned for them, and pressing and holding the select button on your remote/controller and selecting "Add server".

You can also use Total Commander, but X-plore is more user friendly on Android TV.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Oct. 06, 2017 - by Tinwarble - 2017-11-27, 22:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188