• 65(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-11-29, 00:21)noggin Wrote:
(2017-11-28, 15:49)boblo Wrote: Hello,

Is there anyone with a Shield from 2015 purchased in the United Kingdom? I need to know if models sold in this country include the european plug adapter.

Thank you very much in advance
 My Amazon purchase included both a UK and an EU plug-top that would fit the mains adaptor. It was a 2015 16GB model - though the EU plug top has had a safety recall. 
Did you buy it at Amazon UK? I've got in touch with NVIDIA tech support and they told me that units sold in the UK/Ireland do not include the EU tip connector.

Thanks
(2017-11-29, 15:27)boblo Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 00:21)noggin Wrote:
(2017-11-28, 15:49)boblo Wrote: Hello,

Is there anyone with a Shield from 2015 purchased in the United Kingdom? I need to know if models sold in this country include the european plug adapter.

Thank you very much in advance
 My Amazon purchase included both a UK and an EU plug-top that would fit the mains adaptor. It was a 2015 16GB model - though the EU plug top has had a safety recall.    
Did you buy it at Amazon UK? I've got in touch with NVIDIA tech support and they told me that units sold in the UK/Ireland do not include the EU tip connector.

Thanks   
Bought on amazon.co.uk site - but not sure who fulfilled the order.  Definitely included both UK and EU plug tops in the same box (not a separate EU to UK adaptor) - as I saw the product recall and got the EU one replaced.

This was a 2015 16GB v1 model - the larger one with the micro SD card slot.

(Apologies - EU is probably the wrong term, as not all EU countries use it.)
Is there a way to auto launch Kodi when Shield awakes from sleep? The "launch on boot" app https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...boot&hl=en only works on powerup/reboot and coming out of screensaver but not wake from sleep
With the shield upgrade and google assistant can you still use your voice to enter in text instead of the keyboard? This was handy for some plugins that had their own search. I know this was broken, but have the latest Nightlife's resolved this? I'm holding off on v6 upgrade until this is working again.
Yes, you can still use Voice Search with the Global Search feature in Kodi v18.  Just long press select on the remote when the search menu is up.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To be more precise, it's long press whenever the Kodi soft keyboard is up.
Hi guys

Been away for a long while as everything running smoothly. I've tried to search some keywords for the issue I have but nothing coming up..apologies if this is a known issue.

So I'm getting pretty annoying crackling/popping/static on my audio via shield.

Same direct to tv or sound bar.
Tried different cables.
Same for HDMI and optical
Streams. Local content. And even native android apps like Amazon.

It's driving me mad but I think it's the shield as I've slowly narrows options down.

Has anyone else had this? Is my shield on the way out :-(
I'm trying to bitstream True-HD and DTS-HD MA audio out of my Shield TV 2017. When I look.under Kodi's system settings I do not see any check boxes for those two audio formats underneath the pass through section. Can someone help me out with this?
Toggle to expert view in Kodi settings.
Hi a question. I have 2 Shield boxes on 5.0x. I would like to try and update them for the auto resolution features etc. but have heard many people complain about the updates. Has live tv 50 hz stutter been fixed. I'm using Tvheadend in SPMC.
@hdmkv I have tried that. See this screen shot

https://imgur.com/a/bLkAR

Sent from my Nexus 5X
(2017-12-12, 00:31)Talguy Wrote: @hdmkv I have tried that. See this screen shot

https://imgur.com/a/bLkAR

Sent from my Nexus 5X
 What does it say under Settings (Android settings) > About > Status > HDMI > Audio modes?
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
On a different topic, has there been any acknowledgement by nVidia and/or efforts to add resolution + refresh rate switching like Apple TV 4K, Minix w/U-9H & Zidoo now have?
(2017-12-12, 02:34)hdmkv Wrote: On a different topic, has there been any acknowledgement by nVidia and/or efforts to add resolution + refresh rate switching like Apple TV 4K, Minix w/U-9H & Zidoo now have?
Acknowledgement? Yes, they are aware of it.  As to what they are doing or are going to do about it, they are "looking into it".  Which is about all the information you'll get about it.  Though I suspect that it will be something that will happen once the Oreo update rolls out.  But don't take that to the bank. Wink
Thanks... I'm using TVHz app to 'manage' this limitation, but the app itself is limited by how it works w/Shield. When I'm in 4K HDR 24Hz for example, TVHz only lets me toggle to 25 & 30Hz when watching 25/50 & 30/60 content. Probably has to do with my Epson 5040UB... but, I can manually switch to 1080p/59.94 or 60 on Shield to have non 4K content play properly.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188