• 80(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2018-05-08, 23:25)Blurayx Wrote: On my shield it’s very unstable. It crashes every time I install an app

Apps have nothing to do with Kodi. Or are you talking about add-ons? If so, which add-ons?
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-05-08, 23:42)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2018-05-08, 23:25)Blurayx Wrote: On my shield it’s very unstable. It crashes every time I install an app

Apps have nothing to do with Kodi. Or are you talking about add-ons? If so, which add-ons?

Sorry, I meant add-ons 🙂
From zip files and repository
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Photo 
Blurayx ='1525827419' Wrote: Sorry, I meant add-ons 🙂
From zip files and repository

Again, which add-ons? I've installed several and haven't had any crashes.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
And post a log, it will tell you what the error is when installing an Add-on

Should be very easy to diagnose with a log file.
@Tinwarble @docwra  
Thanks for your help  Smile

This log file is from my iMac but I get the same crashing on my Nvidia shield when trying to install any add-ons

https://pastebin.com/raw/p46CZ9kg

add-ons installed
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
deleted by me duplicated
No idea, that doesnt look like a normal log file to me...

https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
(2018-05-09, 11:47)Blurayx Wrote: @Tinwarble @docwra  

This log file is from my iMac but I get the same crashing on my Nvidia shield when trying to install any add-ons

That is not a kodi.log. and you need to post the log from your Shield not a different device.
(2018-05-09, 16:33)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2018-05-09, 11:47)Blurayx Wrote: @Tinwarble @docwra  

That is not a kodi.log. and you need to post the log from your Shield not a different device.         
I hope this is the Kodi log   Smile
Nvidia shield TV: crashed after installing Artist slideshows.
https://pastebin.com/FdXFvN8Q
https://paste.kodi.tv/qolufirixo

I have other crash issues when performing certain tasks but will tackle the issues one at a time.
Possibly the problem is the watchdog script. I would uninstall as many Add-ons as possible to see which one it is though.
(2018-05-10, 10:11)docwra Wrote: Possibly the problem is the watchdog script. I would uninstall as many Add-ons as possible to see which one it is though.
 I did a fresh install, Kodi crashed on all the add-ons I installed.
I don't see anything in your log that's causing a crash, someone else might but I don't.  Did you use the log uploader add-on?  Your 2nd log shows you did, and if so you need to duplicate the crash, then submit the kodi.old.log if you the uploader add-on after a crash .

That said, I can't duplicate your issue.  So it seems something specific to your setup.

If it's happening even with a fresh install of Kodi, then you may want to try performing a factory reset on your Shield and then see if the issue persists.
(2018-05-10, 23:18)Tinwarble Wrote: I don't see anything in your log that's causing a crash, someone else might but I don't.  Did you use the log uploader add-on?  Your 2nd log shows you did, and if so you need to duplicate the crash, then submit the kodi.old.log if you the uploader add-on after a crash .

That said, I can't duplicate your issue.  So it seems something specific to your setup.

If it's happening even with a fresh install of Kodi, then you may want to try performing a factory reset on your Shield and then see if the issue persists.
 Thanks for your help, Yes I used the log uploader add-on.
I will reset my Shield when I get time but I don't think it will help because I have the same issues with my iMac, shield tablet & Fire HD tablet.

UPDATE: installed alpha 1. No problems installing add-ons. The only issue I have now is that alphabet strip doesn't work with alpha 1
I find it hard to believe I’m the only one with this issue Sad
Does anyone know if the Shield has access to Android's night mode for filtering blue light?  As a lesser option I take it that the twilight app can be installed?

Can the Shield be rooted in order to install f.lux?  I'm guessing that rooting would mess with access to HD Prime/Netflix though.
(2018-05-11, 21:31)chairwizz Wrote: Does anyone know if the Shield has access to Android's night mode for filtering blue light?  As a lesser option I take it that the twilight app can be installed?

No, because the Shield runs Android TV not mobile Android. Whether you can install the Twilight app or not I can't say, you can try sideloading it but that doesn't mean it will work.

Quote:Can the Shield be rooted in order to install f.lux?  I'm guessing that rooting would mess with access to HD Prime/Netflix though.

Yes you can root the Shield. Nvidia provides pre-rooted FW that you can flash. No it doesn't do anything to Prime/Netflix, they'll work just as they would on an unrooted Shield.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188