Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2018-11-02, 18:03)djhifi Wrote: Posting this (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2788156) here since it may get a full attention rather than opening new threads:

"Ever since upgrading to Anroid Oreo/Shield TV Experience v7, I am finding Kodi crashes whenever I do a voice search.

So I press the mic button on the remote
Speak the search phrase
Google Assistant lists all the sources for said TV Show or Movie. Kodi is included, along with Netflix, Google Play, etc. (So it does find the item in the Kodi database)
If I select Kodi from the Google Assistant search UI to go to that item, it tries to dive into Kodi to bring up the item, then Kodi crashes.
I am left back on the nvidia Shield TV home screen."

This is also happening to me.

I have EMBY server setup on a Synology NAS but for the desired effect, my KODI has the .db file like any other iteration/installation method. Since I use a plugin to sync EMBY server with it (with KODI).

Is this the expected behavior?
I know GA is not fully implemented yet but still.
Also I notice that it only works when I have KODI minimized (regarding the voice search). Cutomized channels actually work with KODI closed.
Is this the expected behavior as well?

"kodi is not installed or can't be searched" happens alot when I say "open X (movie name) on KODI". but if I say "watch" instead of "play" it actually tries to open KODI (but crashes as well).
 Seriously, no one?

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018 - by djhifi - 2018-11-23, 21:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188