• 125(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
Hey guys, does the frame rate and resolution switch works for you in Kodi, I have files like 1080p@24 and Kodi still plays them in 2160p@59. In the resolution section if Leya 18.3 build there is no auto option or source option.
Video Chain: SONY VPL-VW760ES/VPL-VW885ES > Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 > OPPO UDP-203/ZIDOO X9S > Elite Screen 16:9 135" 1.1 Gain MaxWhite
Audio: Sony BDMV 9200 5.1 System
My PC Build: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6Q52FS
You talk about 23.976 or 24Hz (european fréquency movies) ?
Yes everything works fine with 23.976, I have to see with 24Hz movies, Maybe you don't have 1080op 24Hz in the whitelist ? 
If this resolution/frequency is not in the whitelist then KODI use Nvidia display settings which is 2160@59 in your case I think.
You can try to change the bit number to 12 in the Nvidia display settings to add more resolutions in the whitelist !
(2019-06-05, 11:02)Ogreen Wrote: You talk about 23.976 or 24Hz (european fréquency movies) ?
Yes everything works fine with 23.976, I have to see with 24Hz movies, Maybe you don't have 1080op 24Hz in the whitelist ? 
If this resolution/frequency is not in the whitelist then KODI use Nvidia display settings which is 2160@59 in your case I think.
You can try to change the bit number to 12 in the Nvidia display settings to add more resolutions in the whitelist !
So to work this I had to enable the option for player settings in Kodi to match the refresh rate with he source file, now FPS works as expected and they are not fixed, however the resolution never autoswitches , it is either locked in 1080p state if I choose resolution 1080p in Kodi or 2160p , all modes are whitelisted. But the resolution is not automatically changing depending on the source.
Video Chain: SONY VPL-VW760ES/VPL-VW885ES > Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 > OPPO UDP-203/ZIDOO X9S > Elite Screen 16:9 135" 1.1 Gain MaxWhite
Audio: Sony BDMV 9200 5.1 System
My PC Build: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6Q52FS
Hi! All.

My shield tv pro 2017 doesn't boot up anymore. Does anyone know how to clean install the shield from scratch?
(2019-06-06, 21:59)Lips74 Wrote: Hi! All.

My shield tv pro 2017 doesn't boot up anymore. Does anyone know how to clean install the shield from scratch?

1. Disconnect the Shield TV from the power supply (power source).
2. Connect the controller to the Shield TV with a USB cable (use the USB port closest to the HDMI).
3. While you hold down the A and B buttons at the same time, connect to the Shield TV power supply.
4. A menu will appear with some options - you must choose Boot Recovery Kernel.
5. Navigate using the X and Y buttons (Y for up and X for down).
6. Navigate to Wipe data / Reset factory settings and confirm (using X and Y for up and down).
Thx
Is the Shield still a great piece of hardware to Run Kodi+4k Video+Passthrough Audio? I just picked one up after my ATV died. Hoping it's a bit faster and better.
Yep !
[align=start][font]Excellent, that's something I'm looking to play the extreme games in apknite. [font](y)[/font][/font][/align]
[align=start] [/align]
Does the Shield bitstream 7.1.4 Atmos/DTS:X and Auro 3D? I can't find an info about Auro 3D. So can it bitstream 11.1 Auro 3D?
I also own a firestick 4k and I notice the firestick has a tad sharper and nicer image then the shield. Anyone know what that could be?
My sd card went corrupt in my pi3 and was debating on either the shield or the new pi4. Right now my Samsung TV remote was controlling kodi with cec, would that still be the case with the shield?

The main question pi4 or the shield?

Basically I have a firetv and a pi so I think the shield will eliminate the firetv, just want to make sure that I get the best solution. Thanks
(2019-06-30, 13:39)jpc0480 Wrote: My sd card went corrupt in my pi3 and was debating on either the shield or the new pi4. Right now my Samsung TV remote was controlling kodi with cec, would that still be the case with the shield?

HDMI CEC = can of worms, especially once you move outside of the Linux Kodi type devices. (LibreELEC, CoreELEC, OSMC)

The Shield will run rings around the pi4 for both performance and Software support - at this exact point in time.
Give the pi4 at least 6 - 8 months to get better software support, especially for 4K HDR.

Quote:Basically I have a firetv and a pi so I think the shield will eliminate the firetv, just want to make sure that I get the best solution. Thanks

You need to be real specific about exact Audio, Video and App needs.
As an example if you have a 5.1 Dolby Digital, only audio system - you will not get 5.1 audio when using the Netflix or Prime Video Apps when using a Shield.

A Fire TV Stick with it's Dolby Audio licence has no such problems.

BTW: I strongly suspect there will be a cheaper, slightly refreshed Shield released soon. Wink

(2019-06-30, 14:00)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 13:39)jpc0480 Wrote: My sd card went corrupt in my pi3 and was debating on either the shield or the new pi4. Right now my Samsung TV remote was controlling kodi with cec, would that still be the case with the shield?

HDMI CEC = can of worms, especially once you move outside of the Linux Kodi type devices. (LibreELEC, CoreELEC, OSMC)

The Shield will run rings around the pi4 for both performance and Software support - at this exact point in time.
Give the pi4 at least 6 - 8 months to get better software support, especially for 4K HDR.
Quote:Basically I have a firetv and a pi so I think the shield will eliminate the firetv, just want to make sure that I get the best solution. Thanks

You need to be real specific about exact Audio, Video and App needs.
As an example if you have a 5.1 Dolby Digital, only audio system - you will not get 5.1 audio when using the Netflix or Prime Video Apps when using a Shield.

A Fire TV Stick with it's Dolby Audio licence has no such problems.

BTW: I strongly suspect there will be a cheaper, slightly refreshed Shield released soon. Wink

Cheaper, I have your word on that right? Huh Blush 
(2019-06-26, 12:25)rwijnhov Wrote: I also own a firestick 4k and I notice the firestick has a tad sharper and nicer image then the shield. Anyone know what that could be?

Because the Fire TV Stick uses a more modern Imagination Technologies Power VR GPU, which I suspect has things like better picture upscaling, and picture post processing vs the comparatively pretty old (but fast) Maxwell GPU in the Shield.

The Apple TV 4K inside it's A10X Fusion SoC also uses a variant of an Imagination Technologies Power VR GPU as well.

• 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188