• 128(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2019-08-06, 16:37)Hitcher Wrote: Not a full debug log.

Please find full debug log below.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ovoyamowow.kodi

https://paste.kodi.tv/yixiwotuni.kodi
(2019-08-07, 15:43)Druski Wrote:

Anyone notice any issues with the new update with NFS shares not being accessible after opening/closing kodi on the shield without rebooting the shield? I noticed since the shield update NFS shares are broken after the first time you open kodi. A reboot is needed of the whole shield if you open kodi and close kodi.

Any thoughts on this audio passthrough issue? Update to Shield Experirence 8.0 has literally rendered my Kodi install useless.
(2019-08-09, 10:31)Druski Wrote:

Any thoughts on this audio passthrough issue? Update to Shield Experirence 8.0 has literally rendered my Kodi install useless. 
Is that a stream from an addon?
I guess it's time to move on from SPMC to Kodi.  What's the prefered choice for the Shield 2017?  Google Play store version Kodi v18.3 "Leia", direct Kodi v18.3 "Leia" ARMv8 64bit for Kodi site, or current nightly?
Thanks!
(2019-08-09, 17:05)Hitcher Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 10:31)Druski Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 15:43)Druski Wrote: Please find full debug log below.

Is that a stream from an addon?

Nope, it's an MKV.
Don't think nvidia is ever going to allow dd+ codec to transcode to DD so just went ahead and got a Denon receiver and klipsch speakers/svs sub and finally have 5.1ch on netflix....
But apparently netflix on shield doesn't support atmos?? Welp..

At least kodi 18.3 on Experience 8.0 is working perfectly to bitstream all kinds of audio codec on the Denon without any issues.

As for the HDR colourspace switch for 1080p screens.... It seems to be low priority for nvidia. Might need to get an OLED next [emoji14]
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
(2019-08-09, 19:06)bluestang Wrote: I guess it's time to move on from SPMC to Kodi.  What's the prefered choice for the Shield 2017?  Google Play store version Kodi v18.3 "Leia", direct Kodi v18.3 "Leia" ARMv8 64bit for Kodi site, or current nightly?
Thanks!

You can throw in the MrMC app from the play store. I am using mostly Kodi from the Play Store and haven't seen or heard many advantages with MrMC. But it is summertime and I am not spending much time watching content right now.
I posted in the game section as well. 

But I am interested in Emulation on the Shield. Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on the best setup. 

Is within Kodi recommended or something else?
HI.
I created smart playlist to be linked in the home menu movie.
In the smart playlist I set "path" "contain" "/storage/ID-NAS/F/movie/" but it doenst  work.I troed"Path" Starts with "/storage/ID-NAS/F/movie/" also but it doenst   work.
I tried in file manager to create new source with smb but it is not visible in the smart playlist path. 
In the smart path list I can see the storage that had been linked in the shield. I mean in the android options but I cannot see the Kodi source I created.

I m using smart play list to direct link the section movie , tv show , music in the home in way to press and see the folder
(2019-09-23, 13:51)ignade82 Wrote: HI.
I created smart playlist to be linked in the home menu movie.
In the smart playlist I set "path" "contain" "/storage/ID-NAS/F/movie/" but it doenst  work.I troed"Path" Starts with "/storage/ID-NAS/F/movie/" also but it doenst   work.
I tried in file manager to create new source with smb but it is not visible in the smart playlist path. 
In the smart path list I can see the storage that had been linked in the shield. I mean in the android options but I cannot see the Kodi source I created.

I m using smart play list to direct link the section movie , tv show , music in the home in way to press and see the folder
Have you tried PATH IS <YOURPATH>? Your path must include smb://<username>:<password>@<server>/<share>/<directory>
    You must create a media source within Music or Videos to be able to browse into the path. I personally have found that the Android smbclient is horrendous. As such, I never mount storage via Android because it only ever mounts as read-only and, unless they improved it tremendously in an update, I was never able to mount specific shares. Anyway, for what it's worth I use samba all within Kodi for all of my library, and use the file manager as well for accessing samba severs on my network and run into very few issues.
    I don't completely understand your question, but I'm going to guess that you want to map that PATH to a menu item as a smart playlist. If that's the case, that's not how you want to do so. Instead, create your video/music sources, and then use the skin settings menu to map it to one of your sources. Another way to do this without even adding the sources (pointless in my opinion though as you won't get the benefit of the library, only basic file management views) is to "Add to Favorites." Once you've added the source in file manager, you can either remain in that view or switch the view to Videos/Music/Pictures, and Kodi will add that item to your favorites.xml file as the view you're in when added.
    This question is far better suited for the general forums as this isn't a hardware specific issue. I'm no expert, but have been using this troublesome device with Kodi for a while now so if anyone can correct me where I've got it wrong, I'd appreciate it just as much as ignade82 here.
I have always had the most success for what I want using the 'Path contains' search item.  For instance, I have a number of drives, each drive has a 3D folder, '...C/Multimedia/3D/..', '...D/Multimedia_Two/3D/...'  ( and so on ).  This way, all items in the 3D folder on these drives will be included.  I use NFS and not samba, but I do not think that would make a difference.  My playlist would look like this( name is 3D in this instance 

Type   Movies
3D
Find items where
Path contains 3D
New rule

Hope this helps, the playlists I have are for UHD and 3D.  It does require you to have a little organization on storing your media for this method.  Meaning I have a 3D folder and a UHD folder on the NAS I connect with.

--john
Does no one here have the HD audio dropout issue on Kodi which started with Experience 8.0?

Seems to still be there with 8.0.1. It’s pretty random and happens with both truehd and also dts HD.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
(2019-10-04, 05:14)ars92 Wrote: Does no one here have the HD audio dropout issue on Kodi which started with Experience 8.0?

Seems to still be there with 8.0.1. It’s pretty random and happens with both truehd and also dts HD.

My receiver doesn't support Dts-hd so can't comment about that. I didn't notice any dropouts on Truehd Atmos rips that I have played recently. Can you name a specific movie that you are having dropouts with if I have it I will try. I am on the latest 8.0.1 shield experience
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188