• 137(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2020-11-03, 13:29)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Shield TV: I need to ask a question please:
I have always hated Shiel TV, if I were to buy a new device, is there anything better than it, or do you advise me to buy the latest model of Shield TV?
I will use it ONLY to watch UHD 8-10bit videos made by me with Kodi. I'd like to buy a good file reader box.
I thank you for your suggestions.

Just get a Gigabit Ethernet - AMLogic chipset device and run CoreELEC Kodi on it.
It will boot straight in Kodi and everything auto updates.

An expensive Shield is complete overkill for what are basic Kodi only needs.

See the START HERE sticky thread, top of the forums.

I have a 2017 Shield that is regularly suffering with playback randomly stopping and returning to the Home Menu.
At first, I thought the issue was just limited to Kodi, but it's also happening when using some of the official apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, iplayer). Was interested in knowing if this is common issue with the 2017 model? Have recently started using again in the bedroom with a wireless connection and wouldn't say the problem is any worse than when I was using in the living room with a ethernet connection. 
Any merit in doing a full factory reset to try and resolve the issue? Anything else I might want to try first?
Any feedback would be much appreciated if anybody has experienced a similar thing.
Since I got a new Shield Pro for downstairs I moved my 2017 model to the bedroom.

This setup only has an older Sony Bravia which max is 1080p, playing an UHD movie causes it to play really slow ... as if only software.
I haven't touched any settings except enabling adjust refresh rate to start/stop.
Any settings I might have missed which could cause this?

[edit] Seems to be ok now, I disabled Mediacodec (Surface) [/edit]
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
Finally made the move to atmos yesterday by getting a pair of rp500sa.
The shield 2015 is able to play dts x/ atmos with no issues as expected but streaming apps like disney+ and Netflix don't have lossy atmos support.

Good thing those work well using my CX internal apps! Or it would've been pretty disappointing lol.

But still great to see my 5 years old streaming box still supporting today's standard of local uhd media...
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to swap the hard drive from the Pro model to SSD drive? I heard its a big improvement.
Nvidia Shield(2015): mico stutter with Apple TV+ & Kodi after the update 8.2 3. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Hello, I am looking for the latest version of SPMC 17 I found it in github spmc releases but not .apk
I'm sorry I know it stopped developing a while ago but I need this version
I would appreciate any help Smile
Just sticking "spmc 17.6 apk download" into Google gives any number of 3rd party apk site options.

Whether you trust any of those or not I leave to your judgement...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-06-02, 11:51)blu-rayx Wrote: Nvidia Shield(2015): mico stutter with Apple TV+ & Kodi after the update 8.2 3. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Yep, I am also seeing micro stutter in Kodi.  I'd only had the Shield TV Pro 2019 for a few weeks prior to the 8.2.3 update and it definitely wasn't an issue when I set up the box initially.  Tested various files in Kodi and VLC - VLC plays without issue, Kodi doesn't.  Can't comment on Apple TV as I don't subscribe.  Surprised more people aren't reporting the same problem....
(2021-06-24, 00:59)Underwurlde Wrote:
(2021-06-02, 11:51)blu-rayx Wrote: Nvidia Shield(2015): mico stutter with Apple TV+ & Kodi after the update 8.2 3. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Yep, I am also seeing micro stutter in Kodi.  I'd only had the Shield TV Pro 2019 for a few weeks prior to the 8.2.3 update and it definitely wasn't an issue when I set up the box initially.  Tested various files in Kodi and VLC - VLC plays without issue, Kodi doesn't.  Can't comment on Apple TV as I don't subscribe.  Surprised more people aren't reporting the same problem....

Stopped using the shield because the miro stutter is too annoying. Kodi, Discovery+, Disney plus play flawlessly on my Apple TV 4K (2021)
(2021-09-28, 02:19)blu-rayx Wrote:
(2021-06-24, 00:59)Underwurlde Wrote:

Stopped using the shield because the miro stutter is too annoying. Kodi, Discovery+, Disney plus play flawlessly on my Apple TV 4K (2021)

I've narrowed down the problem to using audio passthrough for DD/DTS on Kodi.  The issue seems to be fairly random in that sometimes stutter will start within a few minutes of watching a file, sometimes it will be well over an hour before the stuttering begins.  Rewinding / skipping backwards to re-watch the affected period of stuttering confirms it's not an issue with the file as it is quite often stutter free on a second view.  Disabling passthrough and using the built in Kodi audio decoding does provide me with 5.1 PCM output which is good enough for my needs and provides a smooth playback experience.   VLC appears to use an in-built audio decoder that also outputs as PCM hence why there were no issues when using this.  So, not sure if this is a Kodi issue or a Shield issue.  Anyone notice the same problem?
Oh man, anyone tried watching Free Guy blu ray mkv with atmos audio on shield TV with kodi yet? I dunno but it seems like the audio drop out issue is back, at least for me. Shield TV 2015,kodi 18.9, PlexKodiConnect.

It happens at exact points in the movie consistently, usually during high action periods like when a shot gun is shot etc.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
Got it as well on an Vero 4K, prolly the famous TrueHD dropout.
Watched it on Disney+ instead … shame though
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
(2021-10-03, 13:17)ars92 Wrote: Oh man, anyone tried watching Free Guy blu ray mkv with atmos audio on shield TV with kodi yet? I dunno but it seems like the audio drop out issue is back, at least for me. Shield TV 2015,kodi 18.9, PlexKodiConnect.

It happens at exact points in the movie consistently, usually during high action periods like when a shot gun is shot etc.
Got the same problem on my Shield aswell with Kodi 19.0. There are Audio drop outs that occur every time at the exact time stamp. (13:40 where he collects Money | 13:41 Transition from ATM to Office). Funny thing is when playing trough MX Player or normal Android Video player from Photo/Video Library the drop outs are non existant.

I snatched a debug Log of the 2 drop outs that i mentioned, maybe someone who kann read debug Logs can find where the problem is.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ipokesebuy

I tried every setting possible and can´t seem to find where the problem is.
(2021-10-07, 10:53)DaTwoPak Wrote:
(2021-10-03, 13:17)ars92 Wrote: Oh man, anyone tried watching Free Guy blu ray mkv with atmos audio on shield TV with kodi yet? I dunno but it seems like the audio drop out issue is back, at least for me. Shield TV 2015,kodi 18.9, PlexKodiConnect.

Got the same problem on my Shield aswell with Kodi 19.0. There are Audio drop outs that occur every time at the exact time stamp. (13:40 where he collects Money | 13:41 Transition from ATM to Office). Funny thing is when playing trough MX Player or normal Android Video player from Photo/Video Library the drop outs are non existant.

I snatched a debug Log of the 2 drop outs that i mentioned, maybe someone who kann read debug Logs can find where the problem is.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ipokesebuy

I tried every setting possible and can´t seem to find where the problem is.

Seems widespread and I guess future Disney releases will have this issue…

MX player and the normal player aren’t giving you Atmos right? They usually down mix the audio or only play the ac3 core audio from the trueHD audio.
  • 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188