Why does playing one song queue the whole folder or album
I've never understood why this is the default behaviour. I mean if I'm trying to start a single song as the beginning of a playlist I have to click on the song then go back and remover the rest of the album/files-in-folder before i can move on....

By now I've just learned to deal with it. But I still would like to know why it defaults to this behaviour (and has seemingly no way to change it).
Because of your system settings. Disable System>Player Settings>Music>Play Next song automatically.
The reason it's default is if you enter a album and select the 1st the expected behaviour for most users will be that the entire album gets played by moving onto the next track, then the next track after that and so on, otherwise we'd play the 1st track of the album then playback would stop.

Besides I think there's a better way to do what you want, that is use the Queue command to add to the Current Playlist (Now Playing), to use this if you've got a keyboard or a remote that emulates a keyboard then use either the Q key or map Q to a remote button.
(2017-01-16, 12:16)jjd-uk Wrote: The reason it's default is if you enter a album and select the 1st the expected behaviour for most users will be that the entire album gets played by moving onto the next track, then the next track after that and so on, otherwise we'd play the 1st track of the album then playback would stop.

Besides I think there's a better way to do what you want, that is use the Queue command to add to the Current Playlist (Now Playing), to use this if you've got a keyboard or a remote that emulates a keyboard then use either the Q key or map Q to a remote button.

First of all its not what i would expect, but I suspect I'm an oddball for thinking that when i request an item its clear i only want that item. Not that item and everything on the shelf with it (God if Amazon.com thought like that I'd have so much to return it'd be ridiculous). While I appreciate you trying to anticipate my wants I'd also like it if you'd have given me the option to make it do what i want instead of what it thinks i want. Besides this behaviour still continues whether I click the 1st or 14th track in a folder/album.

Secondly, I think it would make more sense if you click on a song it only adds that song, there are more logical ways to add a whole folder (menu on the folder/play on the folder/play on the album level).
but I want to listen while i add songs...

As for making a "Queue button on my remote" Since i have my fly remote, that's a feasible option i will explore. However, before i got that i was stuck with HDMI-CEC and the LIMITED buttons available from my TV's remote I already had to sacrifice buttons that I would rather have used for their intended purpose, to get much needed options like a menu button. I shudder to think what people with shuttle remotes (apple tv style) would do.

Look I'm not making a case to change it. I learned a long time ago, that no matter how the world continually shows me I'm wrong, i still manage to expect what's logical. The reason I've given up on women is because I listen to what they say instead of reading their minds (which is apparently what they expect). So I'm fine with the status quo. I'm not trying to rock the boat, was just asking a question.

(2017-01-16, 11:30)DaveBlake Wrote: Because of your system settings. Disable System>Player Settings>Music>Play Next song automatically.

This would completely negate the reason for queuing songs...
(2017-01-16, 17:24)JeromyNix Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 11:30)DaveBlake Wrote: Disable System>Player Settings>Music>Play Next song automatically.
This would completely negate the reason for queuing songs...
It does not disable the current playlist queue, it controls how things are added to that queue. So when disabled and you click on a song, just that son it added to the playlist. When enabled and you click on a song, all the other songs of that node are added to the current playlist.

Why not try it?
(2017-01-16, 18:09)DaveBlake Wrote: Why not try it?

When I'm in front of it again I will but last time i tried it it wouldn't advance the playlist (granted it was years ago since i've tried that option) however if that is the purpose of that setting it should be clearer in its labeling

maybe "Automatically add all folder/album tracks when playing a song", "Play next song automatically" sounds more like its telling it "Advance playlist" (previously a label similiar to the current label did exactly this)

P.S. It worked, thank you.

P.S. Redux: spoke too soon. Something wierd is happening. Now its not adding the songs to the playlist, but its still playing more than i have queued on the playlist.

P.S. Addendum:.... my fault i must have unintentionally pressed the newly created queue button on my remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does playing one song queue the whole folder or album0