problem updating the library.
Question 
Hello.
I have a problem updating the library.

When I add videos to my folder, they appear in the library. But when I delete it in my folder, they are always displayed in the library.
Anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you.
Did you also clean the library? Updating the library only adds new. Removing movies that are no longer there, can be removed via 'clean library'.

I've added the clean library action to my advanced settings.xml. When kodi launches, it firsdt updates the library and after that cleans. This can be tricky if for some reason Kodi cannot connect to the source. He will remove everything then. This has never happened to me, but is a possibility
KODI just adds the videos?
Why does not it work like the player of ARCHOS for Android which is a wonder of simplicity and use?

What code do you use to clean?

Thank you.
Really? Unable to read the manual? http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-17, 10:58)christ59 Wrote: KODI just adds the videos?
Why does not it work like the player of ARCHOS for Android which is a wonder of simplicity and use?

What code do you use to clean?

Thank you.

Clean library can be found in your video settings -> library -> clean library (see also the link that Nickr has provided)

advanced settings xml -> <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> <!-- default set to false to prevent Kodi from removing items from the database while updating. --> wiki

Why is doesn't do this automatically? A lot of people want to have control over the settings and don't want kodi to do this automatically. And like I said, if the connection is lost from the source for whatever reason, your entire library is cleaned.
Hello!

I'm new to Kodi, have started some weeks ago with Kodi v17 RC2 (now RC3) on a Fire TV Stick. Kodi works fine.

I did some rearranging in my video files structure (on a NAS). When I try to clean the library (menu item appears only in advanced or expert mode - took me some time to find), Kodi asks for every single video to remove or not. There is no "yes to all" or something like this.

May I have missed something, is there a setting in the menu to allow "multiple removing" somehow?

Thanks!

Bye,
Michael
Try this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112
Thanks, look like this worked.
But I'm still wondering an external addon is needed...?

Bye,
Michael

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem updating the library.0