TV Show scraping
I have started using TMM recently and I think it is great. I initially wanted to re-organise movie sets so they listed in Canonical Order, but then proceeded to nfo my entire library.

The movie scraping all worked great. I seem to be having trouble with TV Shows though. It seems really hit and miss. Some shows are scraped perfectly (12 Monkeys, The 4400, Angel, Almost Human etc).

Other shows (Warehouse 13, Twin Peaks, Sliders, Roswell, Dominion etc) seem to scrape all the data, but dumps the episodes from all seasons into one season named Season -1.

After quite a lot of time trying to figure out why this is happening, I realised it is the fault of TVDB. Not all the metadata has been entered into the episode entry at TVDB. When you click on an episode in TVDB and view the metadata entry, you will find that a lot of the fields have been left blank, especially these fields- DVD Disc ID, DVD Season, DVD Episode Number.

So when you view the scraped metadata in TMM, the Season and Episode entries have scraped ok (probably from the file name) but DVD Season and DVD Episode are scraped as -1 and dumped into a single season.

So far I have had to manually amend over 200 episodes, with about 2,500 more episodes yet to be scraped and I imagine a large portion of this will have the same problem.

I have used the Bulk Editing option but this only allows me to update the DVD Season entry, but I still have to manually change the DVD Episode entry in each episode.

Are there any tips or tricks to help solve this problem?
did you have the flag "Imported episodes are in DVD order" activated?

by selecting this and importing TV shows, these are marked as "in DVD order" and thus all your -1 DVD season/episode get sorted "wrong".
try to open one of your problematic episodes in the editor and have a look if "DVD ordering" is checked - this indicates that tmm has been told, that this is an episode in DVD order, but DVD episode/season have no legit information.

To correct such episodes, you could select them, right click -> Bulk editing and remove the DVD ordering flag
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for the response mlaggner. Yes the DVD Order was activated/ticked.

I followed your instructions but it did not work. I used your method on Wedding Band (2012) which has only 1 season and 10 episodes. (wanted to test on a small and easy show)

I used Bulk Editing option and removed the tick from DVD Ordering for all 10 episodes. This allowed it to recognise the episode number and changed the entry from "Pilot" to "1. Pilot" in the tree down the left side of the screen. But it did not recognise the Season and left it all in Season -1. Also all the episodes in Season -1 are out of order.

I then removed the TV Show from TMM and deleted all the nfo and jpg files out of the directory and re-scanned the TV Show back into TMM and followed the above again and finished with the same result.

In the TMM Episode Metadata screen, is there anyway to copy the entries from "Season" and "Episode" to "DVD Season" and "DVD Episode" respectively?

Any thoughts?
I was also having trouble with Tin Man (2007) which is a tele-movie with only three episodes. Luckily this show was still unlocked at TVDB so I added the DVD Season and DVD Episode information to the episodes.

I tried updating the Episode Metadata on TMM, but nothing would change. I tried the Update option, the Search and Scrape Selected TV Show, and Scrape Episode Metadata. None of these made a change. I had to delete the nfo files from the windows directory, remove the TV Show from TMM then update sources to bring it back into TMM. I then clicked Search and Scrape TV Show and the episodes scraped perfectly. There was no Season -1.

When I checked the TMM Episode Metadata screen, the entries for DVD Season and DVD Episode are correct. There are no -1 entries.

Also, is there an Undo Scrape option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show scraping0