PVR.mythtv on Odroid C2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tport Offline
Hi all

Does anybody know what is needed in order to use the pvr.mythtv addon with kodi on odroid C2? I tried both on Ubuntu and Arch Linux. Kodi works fine, but the mythtv addon cannot be loaded. The error message is
Code:
ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV PVR Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
, no more information in the log. I compiled the addon from github (jarvis branch) and created a zip file. I have kodi-16.1. The exact same procedure works on my odroid C1, on RPI3 as well as on x86_64. LibreElec provides a version of the addon that works on Odroid C2, thus I think it should be doable in general. Any ideas?

Thanks!
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
Thread moved to MythTV section

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows
find quote
nickr Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Dunno but works fine on libreelec.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thank user' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "Thank you" button.)
find quote
tport Offline
Yes, the version from libreelec does work. I therefore tried to install the zip from here, however it does not work on Ubuntu/Arch Linux. Any hints about how this could be debugged? Or who (and how) compiled the addon shipped with libreelec?
find quote
nickr Offline
Team-Kodi Member
It probably needs to be compiled in the same build environment as kodi was built.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thank user' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "Thank you" button.)
find quote
tport Offline
On Arch there is no package for kodi, so I compiled it myself. Even under this setup the result is as described. I guess this can be considered the same build environment?
find quote
tport Offline
After debugging this another weekend, I figured out a solution. The key was I realized that it is not a pvr.mythtv problem (other pvr addons don't work either), but a general problem with aarch64. The solution was as follows: On Arch Linux, the following made the plugin work:

Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.addon/libXBMC_addon-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.addon/libXBMC_addon-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.kodi.guilib/libKODI_guilib-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.kodi.guilib/libKODI_guilib-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.codec/libXBMC_codec-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.codec/libXBMC_codec-i486-linux.so

On Ubuntu Mate, the following did the trick:

Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.addon/libXBMC_addon-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.addon/libXBMC_addon-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/library.kodi.guilib/libKODI_guilib-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.kodi.guilib/libKODI_guilib-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.codec/libXBMC_codec-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.codec/libXBMC_codec-i486-linux.so

The addon compiles fine and is installable, but fails on enabling. After creating the above symlinks, the addon can be enabled and works as expected.
find quote