v18 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia
(2019-03-26, 23:11)hewwra Wrote: I have found a small amount of bugs in the skin, I have created a zip-file with some screenshots that should clarify what I'm talking about.
All bugs are in the mid list view or in the extended info script view.

screenshot026         The extra fanart picture is not as big as it should be, in the screenshot the picture should be almost black but the default fanart bleeds through.
screenshot027-30    The extended info script works but it looks ugly in the screenshots since the background bleeds through, for comparison I have taken some screenshots from Kodi's default skin in screenshot032-35 and there it looks a lot better.
screenshot031         Is there a point in having the landscape picture on top of the character art? I don't think so. It should only be displayed if there is no character art imo.
screenshot031         What's the point with having Years and also Premiered? Premiered should be preferred in tv shows.
screenshot031         The text 'Premiered' is not properly displayed, it needs more space
screenshot031         In the season view the skin properly displays my seasonal poster and fanart, however when I go into the season it defaults back to the default poster and fanart, it shouldn't do that imo.

I have made some modifications of my own, add them to the skin or disregard them.
screenshot036         I made character art and clear art bigger so that it is easier to see them from the couch 
screenshot037         I changed where the textbox appears when you press left on the remote, this way it replaces the logo and not the clear art & extra fanart and there is more room so the text does not scroll.

zip-file

thanks for that.  As it happens I am working on some improvements for all the media windows, and mid-list is the one I am doing first, as it has the most "bells-and-whistles".  I need to compare your screenshots with what I currently have here (not yet committed to github).

Meanwhile I now have a direct link to the 10.6.1 release on the first post in the thread.  On my things to do list is to update my repo so it should be easier to get updates.

scott s.
OK I looked at all the changes and pretty much agree, except I am not decided on moving the plot text since it is used in the playlists and music windows as well.

I was working on the TV show info display but haven't determined the best kind of info to show as text labels vs the flags.  I need to see what my changes do to other video and music content too.  So, I have created a new branch on my github Leiamod repo for the Midlist view changes.   Anyone can switch to the new branch (from master) and get the current changes.

On the first post of this thread is the direct download link to the current and past releases (10.6.1 is current).

To facilitate some of the capability in Extended info script I have added country and language flags (textures).  I will probably add a skin option to display texture or text for languages throughout the skin.

scott s.
Good job for the last update (PVR stuff) ! Wink
New version 10.6.2 release is available.  This release incorporates a couple new features such as the ability to show audio/subtitle languages as flags and auto-show the music visualisation (full-screen) window when a song starts.  See first post for links and more details.

scott s.
(2019-05-09, 01:32)scott967 Wrote: New version 10.6.2 release is available.  This release incorporates a couple new features such as the ability to show audio/subtitle languages as flags and auto-show the music visualisation (full-screen) window when a song starts.  See first post for links and more details.

scott s.
Can I just update to the new Version, or do I have to uninstall the skin and install the new one ?
I am aware, that I have to export/save my Skin Settings prior of doing above mentioned.
Orbsmart S87L Android 11 Quadcore AML S905X4 Cortex-A55 @ 2.0GHz Mali-G31 MP2 4GB DDR4-RAM / 32GB
BeeLink GT1 mini Android 8.1 Amlogic S905X2 CPU ARM G31 MP2 Grafik 4GB RAM/64 GB ROM
Kodi 20.3
(2019-05-28, 13:04)bansheeat Wrote:
(2019-05-09, 01:32)scott967 Wrote: New version 10.6.2 release is available.  This release incorporates a couple new features such as the ability to show audio/subtitle languages as flags and auto-show the music visualisation (full-screen) window when a song starts.  See first post for links and more details.

scott s.
Can I just update to the new Version, or do I have to uninstall the skin and install the new one ?
I am aware, that I have to export/save my Skin Settings prior of doing above mentioned. 

In general, you can always just update an existing install and it should work.  If you have Jarvis mod installed, for MQ5 Krypton (and up) the skin is now based on 1080 screen dimensions, and the file layout was changed, so if you upgrade a Jarvis mod there will be many unused files left in place.

In some cases the default menu items for the home window have been changed, and if you do an upgrade you won't get those changes (upgrade keeps your home menu as addon settings).  I don't think any existing menus are broken by an upgrade.  If in doubt you can enter the custom home menu window and replace any menu/submenu item and the actin you select for the replacement will be the current action for that item (for example, if you replace the "Games" menu item from Krypton with "Games" from Leia, the new "Games" menu will open the games library (to support retroplayer) instead of opening the Rom Collection Browser as in the past.

There's also various changes with the icons / backgrounds / image resources between major releases.  You may need or want to go into skin settings window and have a look in case something has changed there.  (Mostly, these are image collection resources that are installed as addons from Kodi repo and after downloading you can assign them in the skin settings for use).

scott s.
(2019-06-06, 05:25)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-05-28, 13:04)bansheeat Wrote:

scott s.

In general, you can always just update an existing install and it should work.  If you have Jarvis mod installed, for MQ5 Krypton (and up) the skin is now based on 1080 screen dimensions, and the file layout was changed, so if you upgrade a Jarvis mod there will be many unused files left in place.

In some cases the default menu items for the home window have been changed, and if you do an upgrade you won't get those changes (upgrade keeps your home menu as addon settings).  I don't think any existing menus are broken by an upgrade.  If in doubt you can enter the custom home menu window and replace any menu/submenu item and the actin you select for the replacement will be the current action for that item (for example, if you replace the "Games" menu item from Krypton with "Games" from Leia, the new "Games" menu will open the games library (to support retroplayer) instead of opening the Rom Collection Browser as in the past.

There's also various changes with the icons / backgrounds / image resources between major releases.  You may need or want to go into skin settings window and have a look in case something has changed there.  (Mostly, these are image collection resources that are installed as addons from Kodi repo and after downloading you can assign them in the skin settings for use).

scott s.
Thank you Scott Wink
Orbsmart S87L Android 11 Quadcore AML S905X4 Cortex-A55 @ 2.0GHz Mali-G31 MP2 4GB DDR4-RAM / 32GB
BeeLink GT1 mini Android 8.1 Amlogic S905X2 CPU ARM G31 MP2 Grafik 4GB RAM/64 GB ROM
Kodi 20.3
Finally i found aeon mq mod i can run smoothly on my Rasperry.
Just one question though. Is it possible to set the TV Show Widget to show "TV Shows in Progress"?
Couldn't find any option, only new episodes and other sections for the Widget.
(2019-08-21, 19:36)Dworn Wrote: Finally i found aeon mq mod i can run smoothly on my Rasperry.
Just one question though. Is it possible to set the TV Show Widget to show "TV Shows in Progress"?
Couldn't find any option, only new episodes and other sections for the Widget.

The TV show widgets are supplied by the "skin.widgets" addon.  The addon is in the "services" grouping of addons.  If you go to the options, there is a checkbox for "recommended" which really means "in progress" so ensure this is checked.  When you do that there should be the ability to click on the tv show widget control box that cycles through random/recent/in progress.  It's been a while, but when I looked at the code for skin.widgets it looked like if any episode (in the library) for a tv show was in progress then that tv show would appear in the widget list.  I would have to go back and read through the code logic to see what happens if some episodes are "watched" but not "in progress".

There are alternatives to skin.widgets to gather items for widgets, but I have been keeping skin.widgets as it seems to use less cpu time compared to alternatives like skin.helper.service which you find in the current versions of Aeon MQ (7 or 8).

scott s.
(2019-08-23, 18:02)scott967 Wrote: The TV show widgets are supplied by the "skin.widgets" addon.  The addon is in the "services" grouping of addons.  If you go to the options, there is a checkbox for "recommended" which really means "in progress" so ensure this is checked.  When you do that there should be the ability to click on the tv show widget control box that cycles through random/recent/in progress.  It's been a while, but when I looked at the code for skin.widgets it looked like if any episode (in the library) for a tv show was in progress then that tv show would appear in the widget list.  I would have to go back and read through the code logic to see what happens if some episodes are "watched" but not "in progress".

There are alternatives to skin.widgets to gather items for widgets, but I have been keeping skin.widgets as it seems to use less cpu time compared to alternatives like skin.helper.service which you find in the current versions of Aeon MQ (7 or 8).

scott s.
Thanx for the reply. I found the skin.widget in the described Add-On section, but i did't see any option/ checkbox for recommended. And low CPU Usage is important, cause i tried the MQ 7 and 8 Versions, but either they crashed my Kodi on the raspberry pie3 or in some menus it was overheating ....
A new release is available for Leia (10.6.3).  This should work on all versions of Leia.  See first post for link.

scott s.
I love MQ5. I hope it will work fine on 18.9. I will diffidently try it. Great work thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia4