HD TV Playback stuttering on Athlon II X2
I'm having problems with stuttering when playing back NextPVR HD TV recordings from BBC1 on my machine using Kodi v16. The recordings are stored on the local hard disk. The video will frequently pause for a second before resuming. I was wondering whether this might be due to an inappropriate choice of codec and if so, whether anyone could recommend what I should use instead?

My current NextPVR Decoder settings are:
Video renderer: EVR
Audio renderer: Default
Music renderer: Default

MPEG2 Video decoder: LAV Video Decoder
H.264 Video decoder: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
HEVC Video: Disabled

MPEG1 audio decoder: LAV audio decoder
Other audio decoders: Disabled

Only use mapped audio decoders during .ts playback: Checked

I'm running NextPVR v3.9.2 on a Windows 7 machine. It's an Athlon II X2 240e 2.80GHz processor, with 4Gb RAM. My tuner card is a Blackgold BGT3620. If I playback the video on the same machine using VLC I don't get the same issue - i.e. no stuttering
Huh
These NextPVR decoder settings wont have any effect on viewing in Kodi. Kodi uses it's own built-in decoders.
I've noticed a similar issue on my ceton tuner. I think it may either be my network or my PC's hardware. But I can only use 2 tuners at once. Oddly this even affects my ability to watch recorded shows. My Tuner is not a Card inside the PC which is why I'm questioning the network, since I have to use a router to connect the tuner to the PC and that router connects to the main router through a powerline adapater. I plan to do some testing this month on it once I get my MoCa I will update you on what I find. If that doesn't seem to solve the problem I plan to possibly find some hardware my friends/family have lying around to slightly upgrade the PC.
This seems to be an intermittent issue for me - had the same problem last night, closed Kodi and played the video "manually" using VLC and there was no stuttering. I think maybe the Kodi resource overhead may cause problems if the machine is relatively heavily loaded with other background tasks at the time, whereas VLC is more lightweight.
I have the same problem but it don't do it if I pause the channel for 10 seconds and then play it and it plays fine after that(no shuddering stop and start video).so make sure when you switch the channel or start TV to pause the live TV first for 10 seconds and then play it and it should work fine,its very annoying I know but thats the only way this will work but I can't rewind the video for some reason.

Its like its buffering the video to close to playing it so thats how you get the shuddering(playing then stopping to buffer then playing again over and over).
AVer Media DVB-T USB2.0 X2 ( 2 Tuners) and MXQ PRO G9CX(for TV only) With Kodi 17.1 Krypton running Windows Media Center and ServerWMC on Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.138.

I love Kodi,been using it for years when it was called Xbox Media Center (XBMC),I still have it on my Xbox Original.I still have the first version on it.

Kodi is "Helpful" in a lot of ways..:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD TV Playback stuttering on Athlon II X20