• 1(current)
Beta PVR Plugin Player - Play Addon Streams in the PVR
PVR Plugin Player

plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player

* Play Addon Streams from the Kodi PVR via IPTV Simple Client.
* Stream Search function.
* Creates m3u file for import into IPTV Simple Client.
* Import Channel List from xmltv file.

Quick Start:

Channels \ context menu \ Import Channels
Locate your xmltv.xml file.
Check in Channels to make sure they are correct.

Channels \ context menu \ Make m3u
Outputs to
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player\channels.m3u

Setup IPTV Simple Client
System \ Add-ons \ My Add-ons \ PVR clients \ PVR IPTV Simple Client \ Configure \ M3U Playlist path

Start Kodi TV
maybe clear data to load channels

Play Channel
Choose how to link the PVR Channel to an Addon Stream.
Guess needs Folders to be added first.
Browse to the stream.
Search will always use the Guess dialog.

Install:
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip

Acknowledgement: Based on a plugin by The Wiz
This certainly makes things simpler..

Cheers!

Cool
(2017-01-21, 16:15)primaeval Wrote: PVR Plugin Player

plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player

* Play Addon Streams from the Kodi PVR via IPTV Simple Client.
* Stream Search function.
* Creates m3u file for import into IPTV Simple Client.
* Import Channel List from xmltv file.

Quick Start:

Channels \ context menu \ Import Channels
Locate your xmltv.xml file.
Check in Channels to make sure they are correct.

Channels \ context menu \ Make m3u
Outputs to

Setup IPTV Simple Client
System \ Add-ons \ My Add-ons \ PVR clients \ PVR IPTV Simple Client \ Configure \ M3U Playlist path

Start Kodi TV
maybe clear data to load channels

Play Channel
Choose how to link the PVR Channel to an Addon Stream.
Guess needs Folders to be added first.
Browse to the stream.
Search will always use the Guess dialog.

Install:
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip

Acknowledgement: Based on a plugin by TheWiz

Hello @primaeval. Good news. It seems to me that you never rest, lol. Good idea, I think it has a future. So there goes my feedback. Firstly I think if possible to use the OSD of the PVR Client, which has the buttons for Guide and TV, otherwise it looks like a video addon. And besides not showing the channel logos the channel name appears with the filename. That's it for now, there's another thing we'll be leaving later. Good job, have fun, lol.
(2017-01-22, 20:54)Hinkel Wrote: Hello @primaeval. Good news. It seems to me that you never rest, lol. Good idea, I think it has a future. So there goes my feedback. Firstly I think if possible to use the OSD of the PVR Client, which has the buttons for Guide and TV, otherwise it looks like a video addon. And besides not showing the channel logos the channel name appears with the filename. That's it for now, there's another thing we'll be leaving later. Good job, have fun, lol.

Thanks.

I don't think it is possible to use the PVR overlays because this addon just plays the addon streams as if they were played from their own addons. You would need extra support from Kodi to be able to stream the addon's stream data directly to the PVR. You might be able to do it by creating a Kodi backend that always redirects the video output to a network stream but that is much more complicated than I have the energy for. At least you can press the Fullscreen button and get back to the PVR dialogs with the video in a small window. Lunatixz said he knew how to do it but he didn't want to share the magic.

I'll have a look at linking the icons and stream names.

If the addon stream urls don't change much you can always link directly to them in the m3u. You can find them in kodi.log when you play a channel.
Well, I already imagined that it was so difficult otherwise you would have done it, but never mind, thanks for the answer.
@Hinkel I had a look at the icons and it is totally up to the addons you link to whether an icon is displayed and if they output the correct channel name.

If you create the m3u yourself with the stream urls from the kodi.log file you can specify the icon and channel name but that's not what this addon does. That has given me an idea for a new addon though. Wink
Hi Primaeval,
great plugin Wink

I'm not able to import channels from xml, could you share a sample of how the file should be?

Thanks
(2017-02-12, 20:19)proncio Wrote: Hi Primaeval,
great plugin Wink

I'm not able to import channels from xml, could you share a sample of how the file should be?

Thanks

It pulls the channels in from an xmltv formatted file.
They get imported here
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...in.py#L182
with this regex:
Code:
'<channel.*?id="(.*?)">.*?<display-name.*?>(.*?)</display-name>'
Here is the xmltv format specification:
http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XMLTVFormat
Got it working, thanks!

I try one more request: would it be possibile to assign a m3u link as a folder? That could possibly autoupdate the channel list at each kodi reload... it would be my dream Smile))
(2017-02-13, 00:53)proncio Wrote: Got it working, thanks!

I try one more request: would it be possibile to assign a m3u link as a folder? That could possibly autoupdate the channel list at each kodi reload... it would be my dream Smile))

version 0.0.5
- Update Channels Service

See if this is what you want.

When the Settings \ Service Timer runs you can optionally clear the Channels and reload them from a file or url.
Wow thanks!

Surely useful, but my aim is to autoupdate the sources for the channels, not the channel list - this could be possible with m3u links as a root source, and not files.Now the source folders for PVR Plugin Player can be defined only starting from other addons, in such a chain:

M3U Link/File --> XML File --> Video Addon --> PVR Plugin Player --> SImple IPTV PVR

I'd like to shorthen the process, which involves in my case many manual passages:

M3U Link/File --> PVR Plugin Player --> SImple IPTV PVR

That should probably involve autodecoding the m3u links in the xml format and calling f4m, or something similar...

If this was possible, keeping the channel list on "search" mode, each time the source m3u is updated, the source for the channels in the tv will be updated as well, and a channel that was not working yesterday maybe today will, with no manual action Wink

The only condition is that the source m3u link is fixed a fixed path, but this is perfect, also considering that it would be great to add multiple m3u links as folders

Am I dreaming too much? Smile
I think you should be able to do that with my Playlist Player addon.
You can add a bunch of playlists to that and then add those folders to this addon.
Sounds great! But I need to process the m3u through f4mtester first, so usually I first manually convert the m3u in xml to process the ts link through f4m, add that xml to LSPro as source, then add LSPro folder as source for Plugin Player

Can Playlist Player automatically process the m3u through f4m? Sorry I don't have a list now so I can't test. tomorrow will Wink
Mmm... it seems it doesn't Sad

I'm struggling to find a plugin which

1. reads .ts streams from a m3u web link and plays it with f4m
2. autoupdates at every reload/time frame, or doesn't cache the m4u content

I've found plugins that do the first part, but not the second - you have to manually press an update button.

Anyway, with your plugin I'm really close to obtain my dream tv, so thanks in any case ^^
I sent you a pm.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Plugin Player - Play Addon Streams in the PVR2