• 2(current)
Beta PVR Plugin Player - Play Addon Streams in the PVR
(2017-02-15, 01:59)proncio Wrote: Sounds great! But I need to process the m3u through f4mtester first, so usually I first manually convert the m3u in xml to process the ts link through f4m, add that xml to LSPro as source, then add LSPro folder as source for Plugin Player

Can Playlist Player automatically process the m3u through f4m? Sorry I don't have a list now so I can't test. tomorrow will Wink

F4mtester is a banned add-on (wiki) and support for such usage is a violation of the forum rules (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-01-21, 16:15)primaeval Wrote: PVR Plugin Player

plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player

* Play Addon Streams from the Kodi PVR via IPTV Simple Client.
* Stream Search function.
* Creates m3u file for import into IPTV Simple Client.
* Import Channel List from xmltv file.

Quick Start:

Channels \ context menu \ Import Channels
Locate your xmltv.xml file.
Check in Channels to make sure they are correct.

Channels \ context menu \ Make m3u
Outputs to
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player\channels.m3u

Setup IPTV Simple Client
System \ Add-ons \ My Add-ons \ PVR clients \ PVR IPTV Simple Client \ Configure \ M3U Playlist path
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player\channels.m3u

Start Kodi TV
maybe clear data to load channels

Play Channel
Choose how to link the PVR Channel to an Addon Stream.
Guess needs Folders to be added first.
Browse to the stream.
Search will always use the Guess dialog.

Install:
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip

Acknowledgement: Based on a plugin by TheWiz

Hi primaeval. sorry for a noob question can i make the streams from addons to be linked to the iptv simple client ?
(2017-05-25, 16:02)balnafasae Wrote: Hi primaeval. sorry for a noob question can i make the streams from addons to be linked to the iptv simple client ?

Yes. That is the purpose of this addon.
(2017-05-25, 19:10)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-25, 16:02)balnafasae Wrote: Hi primaeval. sorry for a noob question can i make the streams from addons to be linked to the iptv simple client ?

thanks for the quick response. but i couldnt find a way how to add the channels to be displayed under the TV tab. when i open the pvr plugin addon, I shows the list of addons and my strm streams under PVR folder. when i click them it runs just like the videos. and in Channels folder nothing shows up and i coudlnt find any menu that might help me to link the streams to iptv client. can you please tell me how to do that? im a total noob in this regard and new to kodi. thanks in advance
(2017-05-26, 04:53)balnafasae Wrote:
(2017-05-25, 19:10)primaeval Wrote:

thanks for the quick response. but i couldnt find a way how to add the channels to be displayed under the TV tab. when i open the pvr plugin addon, I shows the list of addons and my strm streams under PVR folder. when i click them it runs just like the videos. and in Channels folder nothing shows up and i coudlnt find any menu that might help me to link the streams to iptv client. can you please tell me how to do that? im a total noob in this regard and new to kodi. thanks in advance

Don't try to add the PVR Folder or you will create a recursive loop and probably destroy the fabric of the universe.

How far did you get with the Quick Start?

Here is a concrete example:

Install PVR Plugin Player.
PVR Plugin Player \ Channels \ (right click) \ Add Channel \ bbc one
PVR Plugin Player \ Channels \ (right click) \ Export m3u
PVR Plugin Player \ Folders \ iPlayer WWW \ iPlayer : watch live \ (right click) \ Add Folder
Kodi \ System \ Addons \ My addons \ pvr clients \ PVR Iptv Simple Client \ (right click) \ Configure \ Location \ Local Path \
(find this file on your device) "userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player\channels.m3u"
Kodi \ System \ TV \ General \ Enabled = on
Restart Kodi
Kodi \ TV \ Channels \ bbc one \ (list of bbc one channels) \ [plugin.video.iplayerwww] BBC One

If you want it to cache the search results then enable the Timer in the PVR Plugin Player settings.

Add your xmltv file to PVR IPTV Simple Client.
Using this with the PS Vue addon to add those networks to my PVR guide. Working great!
(2017-07-08, 07:58)locoguano Wrote: Using this with the PS Vue addon to add those networks to my PVR guide. Working great!

I was wondering if you could describe the steps you took? Just started evaluating PSVue. Would love to give it a move TV feel. I see the steps listed in a earlier email but haven't had the time to try them out yet.. Next weekend.
(2017-07-10, 02:01)ijourneaux Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 07:58)locoguano Wrote: Using this with the PS Vue addon to add those networks to my PVR guide. Working great!

I was wondering if you could describe the steps you took? Just started evaluating PSVue. Would love to give it a move TV feel. I see the steps listed in a earlier email but haven't had the time to try them out yet.. Next weekend.

It is a bit involved, but once it is set up it seems to work great.
1. Add channels in PVR Plugin Player (PPP).
2. Set the stream for each channel. I found that this loads the channel faster than letting PPP search each time.
3. Once you have all of your channels set, export the m3u.
4. Create an xmltv with listings for your area. I used the listings from the local cable network. There are many different ways to make an xmltv file. I use mc2xml. If you don't know how to create one I will come back to it.
5. Now the annoying part... You need to manually edit the channels.m3u. For each channel there is a "tvg-id". You have to edit this entry to match the "channel_id" from the xmltv file.
6. If you have the xmltv and m3u properly set up, you can go into IPTV PVR and select those two files to load up.
I was wondering... Other than the addons that should not be named, what are people using this for?
(2017-07-15, 17:17)locoguano Wrote:
(2017-07-10, 02:01)ijourneaux Wrote:

It is a bit involved, but once it is set up it seems to work great.
1. Add channels in PVR Plugin Player (PPP).
2. Set the stream for each channel. I found that this loads the channel faster than letting PPP search each time.
3. Once you have all of your channels set, export the m3u.
4. Create an xmltv with listings for your area. I used the listings from the local cable network. There are many different ways to make an xmltv file. I use mc2xml. If you don't know how to create one I will come back to it.
5. Now the annoying part... You need to manually edit the channels.m3u. For each channel there is a "tvg-id". You have to edit this entry to match the "channel_id" from the xmltv file.
6. If you have the xmltv and m3u properly set up, you can go into IPTV PVR and select those two files to load up.

If you have some text file with the channels in you can import all the channels into PPP at once.
If it the file is called *.ini and there is a = in the line it will use the first part as the channel.
If it is an xmltv file with extension .xml or .xmltv it will read the channels from that.

If you want some options or a custom output format let me know.
(2017-07-15, 17:19)locoguano Wrote: I was wondering... Other than the addons that should not be named, what are people using this for?

You can use this to link any legit or illegit addon to the PVR such as iPlayerWWW which is in the Kodi repo.
(2017-07-15, 17:25)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-07-15, 17:19)locoguano Wrote: I was wondering... Other than the addons that should not be named, what are people using this for?

You can use this to link any legit or illegit addon to the PVR such as iPlayerWWW which is in the Kodi repo.

Oh I get that... I'm just wondering what other folks are using specifically... My current setup includes OTA channels through WMC PVR, USTVNow through IPTV, and PS Vue through IPTV. All of these have xmltv data from SchedulesDirect. What I'm wondering is who is using other addons that have readily available XMLTV data.

PS. Thanks again for this addon. It has made my setup wife-proof.
primaeval how do i get this plugin to work?
(2017-08-23, 13:32)porko2003 Wrote: primaeval how do i get this plugin to work?

How far did you get with the Quick Start in the first post?
i have it installed but cant get channels to work nothing appears.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Plugin Player - Play Addon Streams in the PVR2