change live tv buffer
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the Live TV buffer amount in serverwmc? Or is this something that would be changed in Windows Media Center?

I ask because I recently ran into an issue where I was unable to record something because there was not enough space on the drive. The thing that was taking all the space was a current live tv stream that was several gigs big (as a result of watching something on another channel). I would blame this on running out of space, BUT all my recordings are transferred over via samba to another computer. Once I stopped the other live tv session I was able to record.

Haven't experimented yet in WMC, but I did check some options in serverwmc and couldn't find anything that would control this.
There is no way to change this. Serverwmc does live streaming by recording to wtv and remuxing to ts format. The wtv needs to be stored in the wmc recording tv folder, that can't be changed (its a wmc restriction). You can move where the ts data is stored to reduce the needed disk space a little. But the bottom line is, serverwmc needs lots of disk space. If you want to keep using it, the best thing to do is set wmc's recorded tv folder to a big disk.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2017-01-23, 02:17)krustyreturns Wrote: There is no way to change this. Serverwmc does live streaming by recording to wtv and remuxing to ts format. The wtv needs to be stored in the wmc recording tv folder, that can't be changed (its a wmc restriction). You can move where the ts data is stored to reduce the needed disk space a little. But the bottom line is, serverwmc needs lots of disk space. If you want to keep using it, the best thing to do is set wmc's recorded tv folder to a big disk.

Thank you sir for the quick and detailed response. Well I will have to take a look at what I can do. serverwmc is currently running inside a vm via Virtul Box with a 100GB drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change live tv buffer0