Win -  VPN UltraSurf??
Does Ultrasurf work for Kodi?

If so, is it any good?

What VPN do you recommend?
No real reason to use a VPN with Kodi. What are you trying to access that makes you concerned?
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Kodi itself doesn't do anything that would require a VPN for any security concerns. If you however want to use any of these dodgy piracy add-ons, it's up to you. We don't give any recommendation or help for this crap.
ok... good to hear that it is safe.

Not looking for anything specific, there were several web posts that recommend it--did not know why.
because these people used dodgy piracy add-ons, like many do. If you install a vanilla Kodi from our website and only use add-ons from the official repo, or ones being discussed on this forum, you should be safe. If you use anything else, like ones that bring you the latest movies and tv-shows for "free" (by violating copyright and probably breaking laws -> piracy), then it's an entirely different story. As add-ons are not sandboxed, you better don't use anything dodgy, as they could spy on your data, use your HW for bitcoin mining and what not. Add-ons in our official repo undergo a certain security check while on third party ones you're on your own.
Thanks...

The web made it sound like it could be dangerous to use. As long as these add-ons are safe... I will play around with them.
As long as you get the addons from the official kodi repo you have nothing to worry about.
(2017-01-24, 00:52)GarDogTV Wrote: Thanks...

The web made it sound like it could be dangerous to use. As long as these add-ons are safe... I will play around with them.

There are other addons from other repositories that are also perfectly safe. However, these are few and far between. Basically if an addon is offering content, for free, that you'd normally expect to pay for then it is dodgy.
HTPCs: RPi 3B+, RPI2B & 2 x RPi 1B on LibreELEC 8.x
Amp: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: Acer Revo R3610, 4GB RAM, 5TB HDDs, Xubuntu 16.04 x64, NFS, MySQL
Network: Plusnet Hub One Router, Cisco Catalyst 2960, TP-Link TL-SG1005D & Netgear DGN1000 Switches
Just apply the same kind of (un)common sense you'd apply if you were offered a deal down the pub or at a car boot sale or indeed anywhere in real life.

If a deal is too good to be true, then it almost certainly is and there's a catch somewhere. In this case it's the legality of the sources involved, and in the end it's the consumer (ie you) who'll get the nasty letters from the ISP etc.
| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | VPN policy (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows |
Or...Radical i know... maybe they just want to access geo-locked content?
Much as many of us dislike geolocking, supporting people to overcome it isn't something we allow here. It's too much of a legal grey area.
| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | VPN policy (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows |
Kodi doesn`t required any vpn, until or unless you want torrent addons such as qausar in USA.
(2017-01-22, 18:51)GarDogTV Wrote: Does *bleep* work for Kodi?

If so, is it any good?

What VPN do you recommend?
 I think *MOD-EDIT* is an excellent choice to start with.

No advertising of VPNs on this forum.
(2018-08-29, 07:42)Soion Wrote: I think...
I think you should read the forum rules (wiki) of this forum you just registered to more closely.
This is not a place for VPN advertising. VPN is not essential for Kodi to run.
Useful pages: Debug log (wiki) || First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
Thread moved to off topic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VPN UltraSurf??00