Kodi as a media server like Plex
(2017-01-30, 14:36)zerocool_ie Wrote: Delete MyVideos99 and MyMusic56 thru phpMyAdmin and restart Kodi.
Kodi should create the databases and tables automatically so long as the user (Kodi16?) you specify in advancedsettings.xml has permissions on the SQL server.

Quote:Type in: CREATE USER 'Kodi16' IDENTIFIED BY 'Kodi16'; and press return
Type in: GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'Kodi16'; and press return

Thank you. Can probably blame this on impatience I guess. The first time I booted Kodi for this it didn't open right up and gave me the (not responding) on the top bar.
I didn't realize it must have been building the database and shut it down before it was done.

Everything seems in order now.

One last question, please.
So adding the xml file on a PC is simple enough but in reality while I may make all the changes/additions from my computer it will rarely be used for actually watching video. This will be done on an Nvidia Shield or FireTV.
Once I get all my files set-up how will my streamers see the databases?
Haven't done it myself, but a quick search on the forums says:

1. Share a folder on your PC
2. Copy the advanced settings file there
3. Use Kodi's File Manager to copy the file to your userdata (wiki) folder
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Try turning debugging on then restart Kodi. That is not a debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-30, 16:31)zerocool_ie Wrote: Haven't done it myself, but a quick search on the forums says:

Simple enough... Just synced my bedroom with the new database!
Thanks again.

(2017-01-30, 21:28)nickr Wrote: Try turning debugging on then restart Kodi. That is not a debug log.

Not sure why if that wasn't... I used the Kodi Logfile Uploaded like in the link you posted... the resulting file did point out a crapload of errors...

It's already up and running.... I did what zerocool said.
I must have screwed it up the first time when I prematurely shut down Kodi.
All seems to be well and I just synced up a FireTV with the database.
I'll do the Shield later but should be just as easy...

Thanks again for the help :-)
(2017-01-30, 21:35)huttdes Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 16:31)zerocool_ie Wrote: Haven't done it myself, but a quick search on the forums says:

Simple enough... Just synced my bedroom with the new database!
Thanks again.

(2017-01-30, 21:28)nickr Wrote: Try turning debugging on then restart Kodi. That is not a debug log.

Not sure why if that wasn't... I used the Kodi Logfile Uploaded like in the link you posted... the resulting file did point out a crapload of errors...

It's already up and running.... I did what zerocool said.
I must have screwed it up the first time when I prematurely shut down Kodi.
All seems to be well and I just synced up a FireTV with the database.
I'll do the Shield later but should be just as easy...

Thanks again for the help :-)

great to hear, huttdes
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
So as mentioned in a previous post I still had to get this running on my Shield.
FireTV and computer work perfectly. Shied just hangs when I try to run it... wont get past the splash screen. I know I shut down the PC prematurely the first time so I even let it go overnight. No change in the morning.

I also have SPMC on the Shield. Using the same xml file it started instantly and works perfectly.
Since they are essentially the same thing it doesn't really matter which one I use I guess but I would like to know why XBMC wont boot...
Any ideas?

Edit... ok so I noticed Shied Kodi was 17.0 and my pc and presumably my firetv are 16.1
So I upgraded my pc to 17.0 and it is now doing the same thing.... Kodi splash screen and nothing else...

Do I need to modify my advancedsettings file?
So, follow up to that last post.
I acquired a 16.1 apk file and downgraded that to my Shield and it works perfect.
So obviously the issue is within 17.0
(2017-03-05, 23:25)huttdes Wrote: So, follow up to that last post.
I acquired a 16.1 apk file and downgraded that to my Shield and it works perfect.
So obviously the issue is within 17.0

Will give you the same advice I gave to help someone else: go check if you have multiple addonsXX.db files

If that's the case, remove addons27.db and restart kodi 17
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi as a media server like Plex0