Using an LG Magic Remote with Kodi
(2021-03-17, 15:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-17, 14:51)galind08 Wrote: Is there a way to avoid WebOS thinking that and continue using the magic remote?
Do you have multiple devices running Kodi connected to your TV?
No, in fact the raspberry pi with kodi (actually libreelect) is the only device connected to the tv through HDMI.
There is a way to change the type of connection, pc, blueray player, media center, home theater... but I've tried change that type to all of them and any sends the commands from my remote to kodi.
The only moment it works (few seconds) is when I connect the HDMI cable to the tv and the TV hasn't classified it yet as a Roku or flirc device.
Hey there

Same kind of problem here.. my LG webos tv oled65c9pla either thinks my libreelec rpi4 is a pc or a roku device when i reboot the pi.

After a while pulling the hdmi cable and put it back in (and many curses that would even drive the devil the blush in the face), i found in the connection settings -> hdmi stuff of the tv an option for automatic device recognition (as my tv speaks german, the name is just a guess ^^) - it's the topmost switch - leaving hdmi-cec stuff enabled.
A quick reboot of the pi and voila, working as intended.

Hope this helps someone!
I can confirm what jonesthefox wrote.
I connected my RPi4 with Libreelec 10Beta1 to my LG OLED C97LA and the TV set automatically configured a FLIRC connection. Of course the Magic Remote didn't work for Kodi.
My TV firmware (05.00.10) is fairly recent and my impression is that LG has made changes to HDMI-CEC related stuff since the 04.xx.xx firmwares as my SAT box is now recognised by the TV since 05.xx.xx.
So in short, that's what I did after reading jonesthefox's post above:
- Shut down the RPi4
- Remove the RPI4 HDMI cable from the TV's socket (HDMI2 in my case)
- Go to Connection - HDMI Device Setting - Auto Device Detection, set it to OFF
- Plug the HDMI cable into the TV set
- Switch on the RPi4
- Enjoy HDMI-CEC finally working. Okay, it's only a few buttons that work for basic interaction with Kodi but it's sufficient to watch movies.
Sorry to bring back an old thread but I have been struggling with this also for about a week now.

I just got myself a RPi4 and have installed LibreElec 10 and plugged into my LG OLED55C1PVB. It gets recognised as a Roku device and as previously experienced with others, none of the buttons on the Magic Remote work. If I delete it from the Universal Control Settings, it changes the device to PC but still no go with the remote.

I tried to the instructions from the last post to turn off auto device detection - this looks to have changed names and moved location due to different WebOS versions (currently running software version 03.20.80) - I had already turned it off in previous troubleshooting under Home Dashboard > Options > Automatic device discovery. Interestingly, even with this turned off, the RPi4 is still automatically detected and set as Roku.

I was previously using a RPi3 on the same TV and the Magic Remote was working fine and the device was detected as "DVD Player". I haven't been able to find any way to manually edit or setup the RPi4 on the TV - I was thinking that if I'm able to set it as DVD Player it might work.

The only other thing I have attempted is a few different cables. I started with a cheap Pimoroni HDMI to micro HDMI cable which I later read others had CEC issues with so I went out and got one of the official Raspberry Pi HDMI to micro HDMI cables and that's where I'm at now.
I'm on the same boat. Did you work it out? I'm using an intel NUC and lg c9, even with hdmi autodect disabled my TV forces hdmi1 to PC INPUT and does not allow me to select a different device. This way I cannot use flirc with my magic remote. Problem is that logitech discontinued hamonys and mine does not work anymore

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using an LG Magic Remote with Kodi0