How to set music rating
(2017-03-16, 15:43)Bifidusse Wrote: I guess ratings are user (profiles)-based. It allows then to have multiple ratings for a single song.
If ratings had been implemented correctly then this would be true, but unfortunately not (yet).

Same is also true of last played and playcount. They get stored for the song, but really they should be stored for the song and user profile.
(2017-03-16, 20:23)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 15:43)Bifidusse Wrote: I guess ratings are user (profiles)-based. It allows then to have multiple ratings for a single song.
If ratings had been implemented correctly then this would be true, but unfortunately not (yet).

Same is also true of last played and playcount. They get stored for the song, but really they should be stored for the song and user profile.

Ok, thank you for this information Smile
The real benefit of muticlient AND multiuser is the possibility to resume a movie in - eg - another room, then.

You'll have to deal with my beloved wife (for the ratings, I mean).

Gasp Wink
(2017-03-15, 21:02)DaveBlake Wrote: I just know the moment Kodi starts writing tags there will be an outcry of compliants about Kodi messing up people's music files (even if it is untrue). Kodi is a media player, not a media editor, and I strongly recommend it stays that way.

The strain Kodi places on the free online resources is very significant, and I think we do need to be more considerate of this and design with care not to break these sources or be blacklisted. Drop source and rescrape is common on upgrades or additional instalations, just like @Powerhouse describes.

I have a number of jobs on my list relating to better management of persistent data, NFO files etc., and more efficient scraping etc. I get that users want the ratings they add in Kodi to be persistent, and transferable to other players (or a tag editor to make them part of the file), and I will keep it in mind. Exporting yes, tag editing then not me.

Maybe they want to share them via TADB, but surely rating a song is a personal and subjective thing, do other's ratings have any meaning? Isn't this what rating (and votes) is for rather than user-rating? Does TADB have the server resources to be the cloud rating store for every Kodi user? Or can we rely on only the minority will reading this and using it that way?
Hi, 

I completely agree and it's perfect like that, just that KODI is more than a media player, it's Media center, when you access you don't whant move on to another app juste for rating ! Whene you have a few thousand of traks whithout a rating like me, it can be annoying, in my opinion it would be better to have the possibility to tag only and strictly the Rate through by addon or even directly in systeme's inteface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set music rating0