using Kodi on an android box, advice please
Hello, I'm a newbie here. I currently have a Qnap Nas server connected to my home network, and all TV's in my house are also connected to it via DLNA. But one TV is connected to the NAS via it's single HDMI port. So I stream movies to that using XMBC, which is software already loaded on the NAS, and it plays everything I have in various formats mp4.avi, MKV etc etc. The other TV's are only connected via ethernet and use DLNA and are very picky what they play. If I was to buy android boxes installed with KODI for my other TV's, and connect them to my home network. Would I be able to stream movies from my NAS through KODI with ease as XMBC does with my primary TVHuh What I need to know is does the KODI software transcode the video regardless of formatHuh? And could anyone recommend a good Android box please. Kind regards Jason
Kodi doesn't transcode anything and never has (nor when it was XBMC either).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I believe the OP meant decode, not transcode (which means to convert from one format to another).

That said if Kodi can play a file type on one system, it should be able to play it on a different system so using Android boxes on the other TV's should work. I would get just one to start to make sure the experience is what you want it to be before getting more boxes.

As to what hardware you should get, I would start with this thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using Kodi on an android box, advice please0