File-names from the library-mode in file-mode via a plugin?
hi
when in library mode and i go say to prison break and have the list view or some other skin episode view, the original name of the file (Prison Break s03e01 Orientacion Hdtv Xvid-Xor ) is cleaned up and looks something like this
3x01. Orientacion. what i was wondering seeing that i don't like the libary mode. can i have this cleaning of the name option in normal file mode. ive searched and tried to get library list views in file mode and i cant seem to make it work. i would love it if from this
Prison Break s03e01 Orientacion Hdtv Xvid-Xor it can some how clean it up to this Prison Break - 3x01 - Orientacion
tv show name - season x episode - episode nameBig Grin
id be happy with 3x01. Orientacion. this to be available not in library mode but the normal file mode like in a different view "list clean".
thanks
No, it's not possible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

rename the files manually or if they are on a network share there are windows programs which can rename multiple tv episodes at once.
thank what program can rename plz
a plugin could do it, i think.

modify plugin maker to clean the title, before adding it to the list.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
I made this a feature request at least twice over the past 2 years. Ideally we'd have a RegEx builder in the GUI that does this...

Affini Wrote:Spiff,
First off... thank you again for making this reality!

One suggestion:
Can you put in something for those not RegEx inclined?
It would be cool to have a GUI setting so the user can choose the format they use. Basically a GUI that allows them to "build" the format for scraping...

they'd put in something like this...

Folder Structure:
<SMB share root>\<Show Type>\<Show Name>\<Season>
File Structure:
<Episode#><space><dash><space><Episode Name><extension>

... and the expression is built for them and put into the settings?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
that would be good. so can it be done? any one tried to do this?
here's my view of the situation;

if you're too lazy to do the tiny little bit of reading it takes to learn the needed regexp stuff for this why should we be less lazy?

and don't say its too advanced to learn, it's dead simple in its easiest forms.
and even then you got the other option - rename your files (which we could have required in the first place..)
~sigh~ or you could learn how to use library mode, since its basic purpose is to do exactly what you're after, only even better...
Catchy Signature Here
the windows programs i mentioned above are:

http://code.google.com/p/mediarenamer/ - I use an old version of this, not sure what the new features are

http://www.epnamer.com/ - I have tried this but didnt work for my folder structure.. it might work for you...

I am quietly hoping this sort of thing can be automated within xbmc or a script especially with the linux version which is sort of the point i was getting at in This Thread (auto downloading off usenet with rss feeds which are renamed and placed in library)

If I could code, this is the features I'd be adding but I'm not so what can I do...

Hopefully another developer shares my vision
spiff,
I understand your point, though, as XBMC may start to become more "main stream" via the Linux and OSX ports (as I think we all hope it does), you will get more non-techie users.

Sleepyp,
Library mode is good and bad at the same time. Especially for TV Shows, the scrapers are not always accurate so the covers/posters do not always get the correct one, if they find one at all. And if the user is using the covers to ID the video this can be an issue.

There is no perfect solution. Right now I use the older MediaRenamer (the new Alpha version looks sweet, but does not work - crashes). Have that functionality built-in to xbmc would just be that much sweeter.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Affini Wrote:Library mode is good and bad at the same time. Especially for TV Shows, the scrapers are not always accurate so the covers/posters do not always get the correct one, if they find one at all. And if the user is using the covers to ID the video this can be an issue.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Manually added covers/posters do show up in library mode?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
still, the same applies.

the nontechies / lazies can rename if they have to. that's NOT the job of a media center.
man im lot lazy i thought this was a skin thing, so for the past 6 months ive been searching and playing around with skins and views without bothering people on here with questions. then after that didnt work i thought i might ask. so basically spiff all you had to say is check this link out http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...e=TV_Shows and search for something called REGex. thats all. you see after i read peoples post i understood that its not a skin thing but something else called REGex. so thanks.
remember what the rabbit said in bambi.
i ofc assume that ppl read the manual before they come running helplessly to the forums - i know. i'm naive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File-names from the library-mode in file-mode via a plugin?0